How do you achieve a 'persistant' rule? (Windows GS, noob)

auricluxauriclux Member Posts: 16
edited August 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi,

Basically I'm looking to have my actor(Needle) bounce around the inside of a box.

My approach is to have 4 actors(Border) as the box such that there is a rule for Needle that affects a Change Attribute(Velocity) on collision. This works all well and good for the first collision, but then Needle just slips right on past the next Border. How to I either reset the rule continuously or make the behaviour persistent?

Thanks.

P.S. I've tried the persistent 'bounce on collide' to no avail. Yet.

Comments

• Rama RakosiRama Rakosi Member Posts: 10
    Maybe try applying max speed so it will always bounce. or instead of collision place an attribute condition inside the actor you want to continue bouncing. create an integer attribute set the value to 1.. then go back to the attribute rule you placed inside the actor... so.. when all of the following are happening , if created attribute is = to 1. place a persistent behavior called collide.. with whatever the "wall" name is. that should work if you understand what im saying.. im new as well but have gotten that to work.
  • Rama RakosiRama Rakosi Member Posts: 10
    plus ive noticed if the speed is way to fast.. actor wont see the bounce rule at all.
  • auricluxauriclux Member Posts: 16
    Rama,

I tried to implement your suggestion, but it didn't work out for me.

What did finally work is to have "Vert" and "Horz" walls and change either the x or y velocity on collision. Oh, and de-activating a 'moveable' switch seemed to make the walls 'solid' - where as 'moveable' walls apparently lets my actor just float through ...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Scot