How do I keep the original proportions of my actors when I drag them onto the stage?

BETELGx3USEBETELGx3USE Member Posts: 13
edited August 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Every time I drag my actors onto the stage, they are out of proportion and I have to fiddle with them in order to get them to how they once were - very annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brady

Comments

• ironDanironDan Member Posts: 148
    Out of proportion meaning their size? If so you may be pulling at them while dragging and changing the size. If you know where you want them just open them in the instance and set their X and Y to the location you want.
  • BETELGx3USEBETELGx3USE Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2012
    When I drag my actor onto the scene, all of my images are confined and distorted inside this universal square box, then I have to play around by pulling on the edges of that box to try and match the image's original shape.

Why does it put it inside a box? I just want my original images in their native sizes.
  • RAS_BryanRAS_Bryan Member Posts: 5
    When you create a new actor, it's default size is 120 by 120. You can change the values of the prototype size so that when you drag to the canvas the actors are that size. When you change the image of an actor, make note of the image size (on the disk, that information is not available within the tool yet) and change the actor size attribute to reflect the image size.
  • dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    This method worked on prior versions of GS; not sure it works on latest but you might give it a try. Here goes: rather than creating a blank actor prototype with the plus symbol and then dragging your image into the blank prototype, instead just drag the image into the actor prototype pane (but make sure when you release the mouse button the image is not over an already created actor, whether blank or not) doing this should create a new actor with you image using the images width and height.
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    This method worked on prior versions of GS; not sure it works on latest but you might give it a try. Here goes: rather than creating a blank actor prototype with the plus symbol and then dragging your image into the blank prototype, instead just drag the image into the actor prototype pane (but make sure when you release the mouse button the image is not over an already created actor, whether blank or not) doing this should create a new actor with you image using the images width and height.
    Yep that still works and is the best way to get actors on stage retaining their proportions.