Gamesalad 0.10.0 won't let me import image?

kirk1234kirk1234 Member Posts: 93
edited August 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Gamesalad 0.10.0 won't let me import image as an actor

Thanks

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • kirk1234kirk1234 Member Posts: 93
    i did do that , it won't let me add the image in
    Anybody?, Thanks
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    hmmm.
    Test you can open the image in some other package to make sure it is not corrupt.
    Restart GS and the computer before trying again.
    Is the PNG 32bit or 24bit?
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    I had a problem with images too. I tried dragging them in from a folder on my desktop and the image wouldn't be added, but when I dragged the image out of the folder and onto the desktop, and then dragged it into gs from the desktop it worked. I don't know why this is like this, but it is. I hope this helps but your problem may be different, I'm not quite sure.
    Yes I tried all of that and still nothing, I can't even work on my game
  • rcbryantiircbryantii Member Posts: 4
    I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to drag png files into the game I've been working on for a few months now. I've never had an issue before. I'm not doing anything different that hasn't worked. I drag an image into an actor, doesn't import...I drag the image into the images section...doesn't import. I've dragged the images from a folder and also my desktop as was mentioned above. I'm using 0.10, latest version.

I't kinda holding me back right now....supposed to finish this game by monday to show to the client :(
    Ok, the 2nd comment above mentioned you have to use the + button and of course that imports the image. This is a major bug...sucks. I have about 1170 images I gotta put in this game replacing each when an integer is changed. It's a 9 tile puzzle game with 150 puzzles, 20 already added. Each are saved in their own actor with a condition specifying an integer and I just drag and drop it into the condition which changes the image for that tile. Supposed to get all those in there by monday...man, this is going to such.

Gonna try to find the previous version and revert back...hopefully that will work.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Hi, a workaround: use the plus and then drag the images in the window that pops up. Hit open. It wil import everything you dropped in that window. Long live OSX ;)
    Yep, thanks for the response...unfortunately that's not going to work for the 1170 images I've got. Hears to hoping GS will fix this very soon.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Oh, i didn't see you tried to drag them into a condition. Doesn't that work either? Oh my!
  • coolabahcoolabah Member Posts: 3
    it would not let me drag images in either so i put them in another folder and it worked,, weird
    I've tried all Of that and still not working, I haven't been able to work on my game since this new update, I also contacted GameSalad and still 3 days no response

I don't know what else to do

Thanks
  • WooWahWooWah Member, PRO Posts: 4
    I'm suffering from the same bug. Really annoying as it's taking a looooooooong time to import all the art assets.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Do your images have spaces in the name?