8.4 update bug?

Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I installed the 8.4 update as well as the 8.4 gs viewer.

I'll use the home button on the iphone as a point of reference here to make this more clear.

Before the 8.4 update
when I launched the viewer the home button was on the left and my game played with the home button on the left. and everything was fine.

After the 8.4 update
When I launch the viewer with the home button on the left, the GS info loads upside down, so I flip my phone and hold it so the home button is on the right and everything looks fine. then when my game loads everything is upside down and I have to flip my phone again so the home button is back on the left.

I just worried that when my game releases this issue will still occur due to the fact that the GS load screen possibly having the same issue in result turning some people off.

Comments

• Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
    I just launched the GS viewer without connecting to my mac and went to recent games to test my game.

Everything loads now with the home button on the right, but there is one more bug I found. not sure if it is new or old, but never tried this before.

With my game running i tried to turn my phone so the home button is on the left again and the game just crashed. i did this 3 times in a row to check if it was just a freak occurrence, but it happened all three times. Just thought id point this out and once again just wondering if this will happen when my game is released.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    This is a known bug. It has always been there. Rotating the GS Viewer will crash the game.
    I just did some more testing and went to different screens in my game. when I hold the iphone so the home is on the right some of my game content is now upside down.

When I first put the game together everything just naturally loaded with the home on the left so I didn't think much of it. Now that GS is loading with the home button on the right this seems to be causing me some troubles.

trying to word this easily, is there a way I can just change the layout of my game so everything loads naturally with the home button on the right now. without having to make any huge changed like actually going in and flipping all my actors.
    Dont mean to flood this board, but idk what is going on now. i just tried my game again on my iPhone when it is not linked to the mac by loading GSviewer and going to recent games. i held the phone so the home was on the right and it seemed to be working just fine and everything was as it should be.

after about 30 seconds of play the images just flipped over and now with the home on the right everything is upside down again.

any input would be very helpful
    thanks
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Hi Player, I haven't updated yet, but from what I've read on the forum so far, it sounds like this could be something to do with the auto rotate feature, implemented for ipad games. I'm not sure why this would be happening for an iphone game, but I guess that you don't actually specify what platform your game is going to be on, just a resolution and then it's up to you to test it on the target device....
    If this is true, then I suppose that you'll still have to set up (or turn off?) the auto rotate feature, even if your game is going to end up on the iphone???
    Check these threads - I haven't read them fully myself coz I haven't got time, but I think the rotate feature gets a mention somewhere....sounds to me like you should find a way to disable it? good luck, and let us know what you find out!...

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=4739
    (Hunnenkoenig seems to be making a bit of a tit of himself in this one!)

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=4810
    (solution? I only skim read it...)

best of luck
    Wayne
    Thanks for the info. I will read these through out the day probably wont get back with some results until later tonight because I have some errands I have to run, but thanks for the post and I will get on it!
    Yes the 2nd link you left was a solution Thanks! Some additional tinkering will be needed, but i will figure it out.
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Brilliant - I'll be sure to remember that then, coz I'll be updating myself tonight!