How would I go about making this?

mrsamcraft@gmail.commrsamcraft@gmail.com Member Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Heey,

So Im in the process of making a new game 'Rocket Up' and the aim of the game is to fly the rocket up and collect boost, points and extra time and avoid objects in the path of the rocket. But I am stuck on making the rocket fly and the background move. While I was looking on YouTube I came across this! just what I was looking for, i want to know how I can go about making the movement and the background move like this ()

Thanks,
Sam

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited August 2012
    A little advice about the forums is people come on and ask how do I make this game. Nobody is gonna tell you how to make a whole game. If you go to my site there is a template for water/air just go to the gsguide link in my signature and look under templates. The background is called parallax scrolling it just linking the movement of the background in the opposite direction of the player actor but at a reduced speed.
  • shark1505shark1505 Member Posts: 75
    Gonna be honest. Like FryingBaconStudios said, no one will help you complete a whole game. Second, your graphics are terrible, you will come back on the forums after you publish this game and ask why it isn't doing to well so let me save you the time right now. You are mimicking Doodle Jump and as the saying around GS goes, unique games come from a new concept or improving a past game. Yours does neither but it could be a good learning experience on how to use GS.
  • Gonna be honest. Like FryingBaconStudios said, no one will help you complete a whole game. Second, your graphics are terrible, you will come back on the forums after you publish this game and ask why it isn't doing to well so let me save you the time right now. You are mimicking Doodle Jump and as the saying around GS goes, unique games come from a new concept or improving a past game. Yours does neither but it could be a good learning experience on how to use GS.
    1.) Iv not made that game...
    2.) Im asking how do I make the movement scroll that is used in the video.
    3.) Iv not asked to have anyone complete my game...all iv asked is HOW DO I DO THIS...
    (how do i make the movement scroller...)
  • It can be done by either wrapping the x axis, or you can use a change attribute behavior to switch it's positions when it reaches one end of the scene.
    Thanks!
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User