Uploading game to the app store

Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Quick Question maybe someone can help me out.

I am at the upload step of submitting my app where you upload your app, the large icon and screen shots.

i have gone through the publish process on GS and have the file for my app. on my desktop the icon for my app is a stack of papers with a "do not" sign above them. when I try and open it i get this error.

You can't open the application "MotherEarth" because it is not supported on the architecture.
and that is the finder that gives me this error.

when I try and uplaod it to apple i get this error from the itunesconnect

Binaries must be .zip or .ipa files.

some help would be awesome so I can get my app through the process.
Thanks

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Compress the file. It'll make a .zip file that you then upload to Apple as requested.

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
    Thanks Quantum! that helped, but now i get this error

The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate.

i know I put a submission certificate on it, so i dont know what the issue is now lol.
    unless you have to make a certificate for each new app?

I know you need a new provisiong profile and app id. not sure about certificate so i just used the one that I had already made.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    No, you only need one certificate.

However, for each game, you need ONE AppID and generally TWO provisioning profiles: one for development and one for distribution.

Make sure you are using the distribution profile. You make both profiles in the Provisioning section of the iPhone Dev Center. There is a tab for creating Development profiles and a tab for creating Distribution profiles.

I always name my provisioning profiles accordingly:

yourgamenameDevProfile
    yourgamenameAppStoreProfile

When you publish your game through gameSalad, make sure you select the correct profile from the drop-down menu.
    Okay thats Firemaple i got it working now.

Now it appears under the manger your apps with a little yellow circle by it.
    Now all i do is wait until i get confirmation from apple thats its in the store?