PROMOS for Body Adventure with Captain Brainy-Pants! (2011 National STEM Challenge Award Winner)

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited September 2012 in Announce Your Game!
After nearly two years my National STEM Video Game Challenge submission has been approved by apple and is now LIVE!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/body-adventure-captain-brainy/id545659706?ls=1&mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poweruped.brainypants3&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5wb3dlcnVwZWQuYnJhaW55cGFudHMzIl0.

AppStore Description:

Winner of the 2011 National STEM Video Game Challenge Best Teacher-Developed Game Award!

6 Games in 1 developed by a certified science teacher with over a decade of teaching experience!

Kid Approved! Beta-tested over the last year and a half by the Developer’s own children and their friends and neighbors!

Are you ready to be shrunk down using the latest Nano-Bot technology and taken on a journey through the human body? On your way you’ll race red blood cell Go-Karts through the heart, destroy viruses and bacteria, solve puzzles in the brain, stack bones into towers, destroy junk-food, and digest food in the guts! As you go you’ll earn virtual stickers that you can arrange and rearrange on your virtual sticker page!

Each game also has its own rockin’ soundtrack! Kids love tunes like – “Red(neck) Blood Cells”, “It Takes Guts!”, “Bone Thugz”, and more! They’ll be singing along to funny yet scientifically accurate songs before you know it!

The fun and learning don’t have to end when the iPad has been turned off. Teachers and Parents can download free printable activities that go with the games from our website. The activities allow the learning to go even further! An entire album’s worth of songs can also be found on the website. The songs can be used to teach kids about the systems of the human body and how to be healthy!

Features:

1) Developed by a certified science teacher and parent
2) Award winning learning games!
3) 6 Games in 1
a. Blood Kart Racing – learn about the cardiovascular system by racing red blood cells!
b. Immune Defense – learn about the immune system by destroying germs!
c. Bone Builder – learn about the skeletal and muscular systems by stacking bones!
d. It Takes Guts – learn about the digestive system by breaking down food and soaking up nutrients!
e. Junk Food Destroyer – learn about healthy nutrition by destroying junk food and saving the healthy food groups!
f. Brain Maze – learn about the nervous system by solving nerve cell puzzles!
4) Supporting materials including printable activity sheets and human body songs can be found for FREE at www.PowerUpEd.com!
5) Kid Tested, Teacher and Parent Approved!

Visit www.PowerUpEd.com for more information!

------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like a promo code and you are willing to leave an honest iTunes review send me an email - dan (at) sciTunes (dot) com

Thanks!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    awesome, congratulations. there was a ton of work put into this game and it shows. I hope it does really well.

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    edited September 2012
    awesome, congratulations. there was a ton of work put into this game and it shows. I hope it does really well.

Thanks, Jon! It feels really good to have finally finished it. We've been through a lot this game and I. Honestly going through this project to make sure it was as bug free as possible is like a trip through time. The Blood Kart racing levels were first made in the version of GS that had no saving/loading! Remember those days!

Anyways, I am excited to see how it does and excited to move on to other things.
    Currently #81 in paid educational iPad Games! Not sure what this means in terms of sales. I guess we'll find out soon.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Awesome man!

Good luck with this one! Looks fabulous.
    Awesome man!

Good luck with this one! Looks fabulous.
    Thanks! It's been in the top 100 for paid iPad educational games all day. Obviously it would be great if it go N&N tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • carlblanchetcarlblanchet Member Posts: 755
    Fantastic! Congrats on the release, that must feel really good! :)