Just got an email from Apple regarding iPad submission....

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
https://developer.apple.com/iphone/appstore/ipad.html

anyone else get this email?? Now does this mean we have to resubmit again, or does the current binary we uploaded count?

Comments

• alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
    me too
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    So if someone could translate what this means, that would be helpful, not sure if we have to now reupload a binary ??
  • bladeolsonbladeolson Member Posts: 295
    ME TOO!
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    It's just a general reminder. Although it does say thanks for submitting so I guess that means it was initially approved
    it sounds like you have to re-upload with the GM seed SDK , not sure how to "upload" it though. Do I just re-update the submission I already made last week? or as a new app, it is not really clear.
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    Gamesalad will have to download and recompile our apps with the golden master ipad software.
    We will have to resubmit. At least that is my understanding. All our code was compiled with the beta 5 software.
    Sounds like like just resubmit as code monkey said last week. But if you have any last minute fixes I would take care of those. Or what gregr209 said
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    yea, it was always known that we would have to recompile the apps with the GM seed this week.

It would be wonderful if the GS Team would put out a notice when the backend is upgraded to the GM version. :):)
    So we need GS team to make a change to the upload system? I guess that makes sense. I am downloading the SDK on my side just in case too. ( not that it does anything, but good to have )
    Hey Bladeolson! Your app was published under new and noteworthy for this week! Check the Australia store, it's ahead of schedule, but you get to see the new apps for the week! Congrats!

So should we be downloading the new SDK then? Or is it all on Gamesalad to do another update? And then do we reupload our binary??
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    yea, i think this came out before all apps were approved. We've still got 2 days to resubmit.

I think I'll be calling in sick on wednesday to further improve my game. :)
    Thanks Butter Bean. That is great news! I had no idea. I hope it trickles over to the rest of the world too! I would love to see my app highlighted in new and noteworthy!

I am downloaded the SDK anyway, but I guess the apps will likely need to be re-compiled via the GS servers as soon as that is ready.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    I got the email too
    I pretty sure it means the binary has to be signed by the GM not beta version of the SDK

since GS complies for us I guess we just hang tight and wait for a Admin post

If we didn't receive any "additional feedback" i guess our app was just that good!

What can i say we rock i guess
    Well, I hope it makes it to a few of the lists. I could use the promotion this generates.

I am pretty stoked about both of these new bits of news!

I can't wait to get my iPad too. Going to pick it up on the opening at my local store.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    I received it too! I was glad to see there was already a thread, because I was confused, too. I received no addition al input, either. So Basically we can just improve our games for the next 2 days if we want, and hope for a GS update to the iPhone publishing system on GameSalad's part?
    I guess so Eastbound, then we have until whatever date they stated to re-upload the binary, and hopefully they're keeping really good track of the apps that were already looked at and passed the first phase of acceptance :)
    I'm just not going to touch anything until I know what to do haha
    Me too! Hands off until we know anything :)
    Cool! :)
    that is awesome analytical thinking man. I am sure there will be nice opportunity no matter how you dice it.
    It is nice to dream! :) Good number crunching there! Let's hope that's a reality!
    UPDATE:

If you go into itunes connect and look at the apps you submitted for the iPad, it should say under version: SEED5 APPROVED

So check it out! that will give you a good idea if you've been accepted and passed Phase 1!

2 of my 3 games for the iPad submission say this :)
  • Koda89Koda89 Member Posts: 275
    Escape From Zombie City: Infection HD has that SEED5 thing, the other two, nope, so 1 of 3 for the time being. I'd be glad just to have ONE app in the grand opening.
    My 1 says seed 5 approved and whhen I published I did not select both portrait ipad orientations
    I just received an email from apple saying my app was good to go but need to recompile with the golden master.
    I started another thread. Guess I should have thought about that
    Me 2~!! This is very exciting! Now I'm going to be checking gamesalad every 0.2 seconds to see if they have the new version! :)
    I just got another e-mail from Apple explaining more

<quote>Thank you for your submission. Your application has been through the initial review process and we have verified that it successfully loads and functions as expected on iPad running iPhone OS 3.2 Beta 5. You will receive additional information about submitting your app for final review before iPad ships.

Since both your application has been compiled using a beta SDK, your submission cannot be posted to the App Store and will appear in the Manage My Applications section of iTunes Connect as ‘In Review', with the version string changed to "SEED5 APPROVED"

The iPhone SDK 3.2 GM Seed is now available. Please compile your code using this GM Seed and upload your new binary for final review by March 31st, 5PDT.</quote>
    That is what mine says too bladeolson. Very exciting!!!!! Yippee!!!!!
    Holy !@#$%! On that pocketgamer link you posted, my game was highlighted blue and I clicked the link. Turns out it has it's own article! :p

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Battle+Pong/news.asp?c=19472