Porting from Windows to MAC

CrestwoodCrestwood Member Posts: 80
edited September 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
I own a Mac Mini and it works great, but I can't be mobile with it. Was looking into a mac book, but the prices are high. So, I figured I would look into a WIN7 Laptop and then bring it over to my mini when it is time to publish.

Is this feasible right now? Has anyone had success publishing using the Windows creator?

Comments

• CrestwoodCrestwood Member Posts: 80
    Ahhh. Posted this before I saw you can not write to tables in the Windows version.

Ignore my post.
  • GrapeSodaGamesGrapeSodaGames Member Posts: 93
    Don't ignore it. I would like to know the answer to. I would like to know if I can develop on my pc, and then send it to my mac?
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Member Posts: 224
    I've had no luck exporting my windows games and importing them on to a mac.
    With my first game most off the actors were corrupted so I couldn't access their code and when I made an adhoc of the game none of the features were working (e.g touch buttons). So I had to re-make the game from scratch on mac.

Yesterday I finished my second game on windows creator. I opened it on the mac and I could access all my actors and in preview mode everything went fine but when I created an adhoc and put it on my iphone it would open then crash instantly. So I had to again re-make another game from scratch on my mac.

Creating on windows and publishing on mac definitely works for most people but unfortunately I have yet to do it successfully.

Maybe try creating a game on a friends windows pc then publish it on your mac to see how it goes.
    Now that Mac and Windows are the same version, I should be able to work on my PC and then port it over to my Mac correct?

I plan on buying a laptop to do most of my work, but the Macbook Pro's are killing me on price. I can get an HP laptop that screams for about 1100$. I could get the same mac hardware for 1k$ more.

Anyone having any luck doing this?
  • SearleSamaSearleSama Member Posts: 108
    If you have 1 grand to spend I would suggest getting a base model macbook air for on-the-go development. I use my wife's when Im not on my imac, and put my projects in dropbox for quick back and forth between machines. Usually when Im away from my imac I use the Air for gameplay and logic developing and leave the graphics to my iMac. gamesalad doesn't need a powerhouse computer and the Air's can play skyrim with no problems so its powerful enough, and its a mac (not some windows pc :-D ).
    @SearleSama have you used the Air to run Photoshop or Illustrator? If so, how was the performance.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
  • SearleSamaSearleSama Member Posts: 108
    I have cs5 on the air, it runs great. But I rarely use the Air to work on graphics though. illustrator runs fine too.
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    My Mac Creator project is totally messed up in Windows Creator, so I would advice you to ignore this idea, at least at this time.
  • bsherb53bsherb53 Member Posts: 5
    you can also use macincloud. just google it. it is a virtual mac on your windows and you can download the mac gs and publish as if you had a mac