loading error

sparx13sparx13 Member Posts: 97
edited September 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi, I am making a game and I am having problems loading the levels I have already made when I try to test them.
First I have a level select screen that is scrollable(I used T Shirt Booths, Multiscreen menu Video) that when I click on the level 1 icon it is meant to go to level 1 which occaisionaly it does. But what normally happens is this, I click on the lv 1 icon and it doesn't do anything for a second and then it says gamesalad is not responding and if I leave it sometimes loads the first level however not properly. It loads it with the joystick half off the screen in the top left hand corner, as well as the player I control. The enemies do not spawn and it seems to be frozen. The other thing that happens sometimes is when I click on LV 1 it doesn't do anything for a little bit and then comes up with a script error.

If anyone can help that would be SOOOOOO HELPFUL
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    It sounds like your computer is low on memory. I can take a look at your project file if you want to send me a download link.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• sparx13sparx13 Member Posts: 97
    Can I email the file to you, or do you have skype or google drive?
    @sparx13, I have all three but since I generally don't share that information here, if you can private message me with a link that works best.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Well, I'm having the same problems you described. In fact, when I open the file to edit it, I can't open actors to view their rules.

Was this made in Creator for Mac or Windows?

Do you have a slightly older saved version that you can send me? I'm not sure what to recommend at this point since it just seems to be a corrupted file. :(

Yes but it has the same problem and its not that much older.
    Windows creator btw.
  • AcceleratedGamesAcceleratedGames Member Posts: 201
    edited September 2012
    I have had this problem and I also have a solution. The problem is somewhere in one of the actors on that scene, one of the behaviors, not rules, is missing an attribute.
    Example: image
    I looked through the whole two scenes, the level select and level 1 but didn't find anything missing an attribute.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    I'm still struggling on this one, anyone have any solutions?
    I have solved the problem, there was something wrong with level 1 but I do not know what so i just re created the level and now everything works.

Thanks