"The Combine" Tech Event Featuring GameSalad - I'm going, Are you?

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited September 2012 in Conferences and Events
Anyone else going to this event? The Combine

On friday one of the tracks is a game development workshop using GameSalad.

Bloomington, IN is my home town so I'll be there, though I will be attending the startup track on friday. I will definitely sneak out and check out the GS workshop though.

To anyone in the MidWest I highly recommend spending a few days in Bloomington. I know Indiana sounds like the most boring state in the union but B-Town is awesome. Home of Indiana University (Go Hoosiers!), great ethnic restaurants, cool downtown, cool bars, and a rapidly growing tech scene. Worth the visit. I haven't been to this conference before but I hear it is really great and very affordable. It is around $150 but I googled a coupon code and got a ticket for $111.50. Not bad.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    edited September 2012
    Nobody?

I was hoping to buy somebody a beer. or two. or three...
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @scitunes sorry I am not at that place
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Be carefully when buying a Texan a beer...... That's all I have to say ;)
  • floydianspiralfloydianspiral Member, PRO Posts: 308
    I actually just received word that Gamesalad cancelled on sending representatives there for some reason or other. Because of this, the event organizers have asked me (!) to come down and run the workshop, so I will be spreading the word of gamesalad's awesomeness!

@scitunes we will not be doing anything ridiculous as the organizers want anyone to be able to come in and make something. I figured we would do a simple Galaga-style game. And yes, you can buy me a beer, haha. The guy who created Cards Against Humanity will be there along with some other really cool tech people. Hope to see you there!