Install and run help?

appfluenzaappfluenza Member Posts: 4
edited September 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi,
I have just downloaded the current version of creator, installed it and all the XNA add ons etc that are bundled into the install, everything goes fine there, but when it is finished install and I go to run it, after a few seconds a windows box pops up with the prompt that "game salad has stopped working" and gives me the options of finding a solution online, which nothing happens with, or close the program. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and re-downloaded the file several times.
I am running it on a brand new Alienware laptop, details to follow, so there should be no hardware / software issues..

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M17xR4
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.07A05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16354MB RAM

Also has an Nvidia gt675M 2gb graphics card.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Cheers.

Answers

• appfluenzaappfluenza Member Posts: 4
    Error description from pop up box:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: gamesalad.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 0.9.92.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4fe1085f
    Problem Signature 04: GameSalad
    Problem Signature 05: 0.9.92.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4fe1085f
    Problem Signature 07: 491
    Problem Signature 08: 182
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  • CluvCluv Member Posts: 229
    I think you may want to talk to the GameSalad tech support about this one....
    Hi Cluv,
    I have actually contacted tech support, just before i posted this question up, they have never gotten back to me....
    I am pretty keen to use game salad, at the moment i am using construct2, but it is a little limited for what I want to do.
    If you know of a way that i can get some response from tech support, please feel free to post it here.
    Thanks for taking the time to view my post.

Cheers.
  • SolarPepperStudiosSolarPepperStudios Member Posts: 754
    Go to your settings and find the Update tab. Click on it and if there are updates install them first, then come back to the update tab and click on optional updates and see if there are any for XNA and Visual Basic (or whatever the other required framework is.) If there are then install them and try again. If that doesn't work then make sure you have the latest version of IE because I know that Gamesalad needs some required files from IE 9.
    Hi Utveckla_games,
    Thanks for your advice and input into my problem, however, I am unable to go to updates or anything within game salad as it will not run at all. I have downloaded the latest version every time for no result.
    I have contacted support twice and never had a response from them at all.
    I appreciate your input on this issue, but I am still in the same situation, game salad will install, but not run at all.

cheers.
    Hi All,
    Thank you all so much for the help, advice and input you have provided in regards to my issue with running gamesalad. I am pleased to let you know that with the new Windows 8 update it seems to have fixed whatever issue it was and now gamesalad runs!
    Thanks again to all who have helped out.

Cheers,