Still struggling with image quality

mainsourcemainsource Member Posts: 19
Okay, so I understand that graphics need to be saved as 72dpi PNG. I've saved my graphics (32x32) as a PNG in Fireworks CS3, Photoshop CS3, Pixen 3 and Pixelmator 1.4. Regardless of what graphics package I use, the resulting output in Gamesalad is blurry.

Am I missing something? Am I being too anal about this? Are the graphics supposed to be a little blurry?

Comments

• SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    Maybee you can show us your images???

You can make a Screenshot with your iphone and set the image side by side with the original psd-image.
    Uploading these images to imageshack for example would let us see what exactly you mean...
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Hi Mainsource, sounds like you are not specifying the size inside the actor within GameSalad, by default the actor is set to be 100x100 pixels so if your image is only 32x32 its being stretched over 100x100 - hence the blurryness. That's my guess.

No the graphics should not be blurry in the least either, unless that's the style you want.
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    ...i meant you can make a screenshot within GameSalad not iphone... (we need an edit-behaviour in this forum!! ;))

or maybee Toby is right and you just forgot to scale down your actor??
  • mainsourcemainsource Member Posts: 19
    I got it working. Thanks guys!!

I made sure to scale down the actor and everything. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. All I know now is that it works as long as I just stick with Fireworks. I really like Pixen, but It just won't work. I'll post screenshots to illustrate what I mean.