I Am Submitting My iPad App GM Build

iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
One of my applications is an Xcode app that was approved 3/25 (Last Thursday). I received an email the next day saying that Apple was going to begin testing the App store and some applications, including my own, would show status "removed from sale" but it would not affect my app submission.

So because my status is still "removed from sale" I cannot reject the binary, I can only update. So I changed the bundle version to 1.1 and compiled with the GM and I am not going to submit it. I thought I would let everyone know what happens as I find out, so when the GS servers are ready, we will have an idea of what to and what not to do!

So I just submitted an update now. Under manage my applications there is now a second copy of my app, status "waiting for review". Version 1.0 is still "removed from sale". I will update as the status changes, or more information is provided from Apple!

Feel free to ask any question!

********Update # 1**************

6 min after I submitted, application status for version 1.1 is "In review"

Version 1.0 still "Removed From Sale"

That was quick!

************ Update # 2 ***************
GameSalad servers are now ready. I will go ahead and reject my games that are currently "In review" and upload the new binary and inform you of ANY updates or if it works. If you can hold out, ill be the lab rat for this!

Version 1.1 still "In review"

************ Update # 3 ***************

GS server ready! Rejected binary that was "In review" and replaced with the new binary. I will keep everyone informed if you care to wait for me to be the lab rat.
Otherwise fill us all in with what happens to you! Thanks everyone!

GM app is already "In review"

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    If the app is "removed from sale" where do we go within itunes connect to upload the new binary as an "update"? I can't seem to locate that anywhere, as there is no "update" button for apps removed from sale

So do we just compile the binary as 1.1 and submit as new then? Seems thats the only way
  • iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    In itunes connect click "Manage Your Applications".

Click the icon for the app you are ready to update.

On the right you should have a button "Update".

Go through the steps (there are 2 steps) to upload.
    I don't have the button that says update in itunes connect with the apps that were removed from sale.

The only buttons that are to the right are : manage in app purchases and edit information
    butterbean, how many apps do you show "Removed from sale" that DO NOT have a reject or update button?

I have been searching through the Apple forums and so far Apple has been speaking with the developers but can only offer that they are "Looking into the problem".

Unfortunately there is not an answer yet; however, here is a link to 5 different threads covering the problem at hand.

https://devforums.apple.com/search.jspa?resultTypes=MESSAGE&peopleEnabled=true&q=albe

If the solution is mentioned, you should find it in there. There is a completely focused section in the Apple 3.2 forums for app submission alone, I would also monitor that as well. Here is a link:

https://devforums.apple.com/community/iphone/32beta/appsubmission
    Thanks so much! I'm looking into threads too, hopefully they will fix this and find a solution soon, this is messed up

I have 2 apps that say "removed from sale" with no option to update

I have a 3rd one that was rejected earlier today, but I'm able to submit the binary and upload it within the same application, I just changed the version to 1.1
    No problem butterbean, wish I had more help!

Ok, I just rejected my "In Review" game, and I replaced it with the GM build from the new GS server!

Status is currently "Waiting for review".

Seems to be working great!
    I didn't have it at first Tshirt, and then about an hour after it was "removed from Sale" they emailed me saying one of my iPad apps was approved, and that I can finalize the upload with the new GM seed, which I did for one of my iPad apps

The other one doesn't have the option to "update" the binary so I'm waiting and hoping I get an email on that

Then the 3rd one that was rejected, I uploaded a new binary, and it went straight into "in review"

What a process!
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    I have 1 app in that they remove from sale without an update button a couple hours now. I swear I hate apple right now
    Hmmm, if it's still "in review" it probably wouldn't hurt to resubmit the binary, as long as you know that everything works and there's no bugs :( Hard to say!

But I noticed that as soon as you upload the binary, it goes "into review" almost immediately
    Remove it right away and replace the binary with the new GM binary. Apple is looking into the problem with no Update or Reject button, but they said that if you do have it, the sooner you reject/update, the better. From what they have said, any new app has to go through a review no matter what so there is no reason to wait for the Beta 5 that is no good in the app store.

I have done this with 2 of my Apps and they are both "In review"

Check out the Apple Dev Forums for more info, the Apple engineers are commenting in the forums about the issue!
    Im pretty sure it wont affect the placement of our apps.

A question I have is exactly how are they going to arrange the apps in the app store on day one?

There is no order by release if they are all launch apps. Top Paid and Top free wont apply right away because the store hasnt been open.

Does this mean Apple is going to place premium apps (the big devs I guess?) first and then toss ours after?

I wonder.....
    so i still have no update button and no answers at apple what the heck do i do
  • GamexcbGamexcb Member Posts: 179
    So do we just hit update and leave the update comments blank and set the version # to 1.0 since it is already called " 1.0 SEED5 APROVED"
    The re-upload the new binary?
    I submitted an update, and probably best to leave that area blank, or just put iPad ready
    Finally got the damn update button.
    Yea I know, frustrating but glad it updated and there wasn't a problem!
    Had to set it to 1.1 and had to leave comment on what was new.
    Yea you did it right :) I just put iPad in the comments
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    I got the emailsaying it ass hood to ho T 6:30. I just now rejected the old one myself and uloaded the gm master.

Hope it's ok.

It went to review in about two min
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    Don't know if this matters but I forgot to do it and just went back in (iTunesConnect) and updated. The email from Apple says to select the availability date to Mar. 31, 2010. Not sure if it really matters cause mine was set at Mar. 26, 2010. But I went in and fixed it anyway. Just in case :-)
  • iPadDeveloperiPadDeveloper Member Posts: 1
    update the bundle version and upload with comment that recompiled /build with 3.2 GM Seed