installing GS behind a proxy server

pope_john-paulpope_john-paul Member Posts: 1
edited October 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi,
I'm trying to install GS in my workplace, we have to go throught a proxy server (internet filtering).
when installing, It comes up with a message saying GS requires an active internet connection. it tells me to check my network config and proxy settings.
We DO have an active internet connection. Are there any switches to run with the install or any suggestions.
Cheers,
John-Paul

Answers

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Sounds like your IT person needs to let GameSalad through. Nothing on GS's end that will help you with a proxy. At least none that I know of.

But, For GameSalad to start working with a proxy, it is necessary to know the IP-address, port, and type of a proxy server. If at least one of these parameters is not correct, the program will not be able to work with the Internet, so I'd say ask your IT type person to help you out.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Download and install fiddler, it'll show you the destination ports
  • jimdidrjimdidr Member Posts: 4
    I have the same issue, tried the program jonmulcahy mentioned, it doesn't recognize any attempts to connect to the internet from the installation executable.
  • NGSNGS Member Posts: 1
    I encountered the same issue awhile ago... and eventually found a solution.

Here is the dropbox link for my creation: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53114145/Virtual GameSalad.exe

When you double click Virtual GameSalad, it will take forever to load. This is because its creating its virtual environment in a folder with the same name. Once its done, its pretty darn fast.

As always, virus scan it prior to using it to ensure its safe. Goodluck!
  • tanthiamhuattanthiamhuat Member Posts: 10
    I have the same issue:
    it says:
    GameSalad Creator requires an active Internet connection for installation. Please check your network configuration and proxy settings.

I did have internet connection and can server net. What network configuration and proxy settings do we have to check and how?