White boxes where actor should be?

bobtheturtlebobtheturtle Member Posts: 226
edited October 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi,
I published a game on the app store, and had one of my users say that there is a white box, where a bridge should be.

I know a white box appears when you delete the asset from the images, or make a change to it. However I never deleted or edited the bridge asset. It also shows up fine on viewer and when testing on mac. If someone could help me out, i would appreciate it, because I don't know what is wrong.

Comments

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Member Posts: 224
    edited October 2012
    Did you have an iphone/itouch to test the game on before you submitted it?

The only thing I can think of is the image is somehow bugged. Try deleting the bridge image from gamesalad then save your game and close it. Then rename your image file and open GS back up then import image again and re-apply it to your actor.

However if you don't have a device to test the results on you won't be able to tell if it fixed it.
  • bobtheturtlebobtheturtle Member Posts: 226
    thanks Kyukon, I just did what you told me too. I will let you know if it works soon.
  • jkg1856jkg1856 Member Posts: 1
    Any word on how this worked? I'm having the same problem.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    This happens when you replace an image file with the same name but not exactly the same in regards to Capitalization. For example. image.png, Image.png, image.PNG are all seen as the same file on the Mac. But on the iPhone/iPad Its seen as 3 different file names.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2013
    This happens when you replace an image file with the same name but not exactly the same in regards to Capitalization. For example. image.png, Image.png, image.PNG are all seen as the same file on the Mac. But on the iPhone/iPad Its seen as 3 different file names.
    Very insightful stuff tenrdrmer ! Useful to know.

Does this issue show up on an Ad Hoc / in the viewer ? (not near a computer right new to test).
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @socks yes anything running on the device is affected. If I ever have this happen its the first place I look and 99% of the time has been the issue.