Easy paid coding job - changing my template

firestormfirestorm Member Posts: 12
I don't have the time to get into GameSalad due to other game priorities, I want to finish projects that was made for Gamesald so I am looking for a coder for some very simple work.
You can answer the job in this forum, or use the web form on my web site.
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/contact.html

For the successful applicant. Once you finish the job I pay by paypal when I see a working video of the code, when paid upon seeing the video, the coder can then send me the files.
Here is the projects details, simple code changes to the Agro Birds Template.

youtube video of template.

I will send 'ALL' files to the coder needed for this project.

Details of code changes below
---------------------------------------------------------
MENU
change menu for animated menu. (I supply all images for all animations in this project)

on menu page, play a sound once (Intro1) after it plays, play a random sound from the list of sounds

(ElvisIntro01 / ElvisIntro02 / ElvisIntro03 / ElvisIntro04 / ElvisIntro05)

then it plays a new looping sound
----------------
OPTIONS
options screen, use animated background and play a looping sound
----------------
IN GAME
when a level is completed, sign comes down from top and not from bottom as it does in the original. Also change it for animated graphic, plus play a looping sound.

clearer defined visual if all birds are collected. In the game template only the number counter changes, if you touch a bird of a colour you have already collected the required number for, the counter resets. I would like something graphically clearer, this could be done by the following -

if you get all the birds in a colour category, the counter and associated images, pick from choice below, number 3 is probably the best one to go with.
1. moves down.
2. dissapers
3. backing icon behind the bird is swapped for a different one. so the game uses a highlighted backing and a darkened backing icon. This is perhaps the best and easiest option which I think we should go with

touching the screen plays
(GunSound)
If the player touches a bird, then we have the gun sound plus a random sound being played.
(BirdCry01 / BirdCry02 / BirdCry03 / BirdCry04 / BirdCry05 / BirdCry06 / BirdCry07 / BirdCry08 / BirdCry09 / BirdCry10)
----------------
GAME OVER
When you run out of time a graphic moves up the screen, get rid of that and change background for animated one.
Play sound
(GameOverSound)
Then play random sound
(ElvisLeave01 / ElvisLeave02 / ElvisLeave03 / ElvisLeave04 / ElvisLeave05)
----------------

And that's the lot, all basic stuff, I just dont have the time to do it for myself, looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    What's your budget for this work? At least a ballpark idea is really kinda important cause if you want it done for $100 the guys you really want working on this probably will pass up Completly.
  • firestormfirestorm Member Posts: 12
    If you hire a builder to work on my house, the builder comes and gives an estimate, you dont tell him what the work costs, they tell you. I have 25 apps on my web site, all coded in a 'coding language' not click and play tools
    http://www.avantivitastudios.com/iphone-ipod-3.html
    I have hired coders from 25 euro an hour, to coders in developing countries for a few dollars an hour, and everything in between. If you cant quote me, then you either dont understand the brief, or you either cannot because you cannot time budget, or feel uncomfortable giving quotes for a job due to inexperience. These are all unfavorable to me and from experience means you are going to be a time sink.

This is a simple job, - playing sounds, single play, looping, or single play of a random sound, changing background images for my animation frames, changing the direction of a moving graphic, bottom moving up, to top moving down. and the last thing is upon hitting a goal a graphic changes to a different one. All very simple stuff. If its seems complex and you think this will take your hours, then its not for you, you lack experience or dont understand the brief and you are going to cost me time explaining it, before you bail because you just dont know what you are doing.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I have a lot of experience with inexperienced coders and I have to make myself clear.

If a coder understands the job, and knows they can complete it, please message me with a quote, I am looking forward to working with the successful coder and looking to build future business relationships.
  • famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834
    Tenrdrmer got hit by firestorm lol. Just kidding.

Firestorm if you have hired ios coders before why opting for gs now? Anyways what tenrdrmer meant was that if you are advertising job here you need to give a budget otherwise you might not find someone good. It is basic stuff but will take lot of time. If you have hired designers before through sites like elance etc you sure gave a budget there. I do not think he was trying to get the job from you, maybe you are too harsh and if this is the condition now, what will happen when someone will work for you?
    Yes I have hired before on job boards, giving a budget is not the best way, its basically bait to pull in a coder, that's how those job sites work, bidders will then bid at the top estimate you give, then each new bidder will slightly undercut the other. Most will not even read the brief. They read it 'after' they win the bid, project bailout is major problem with bid sites, I could speak at long length about the pitfalls of job bidding sites if I had the time.
    Yes I have hired coders to write native code for applications, I do not make a distinction on what tools are used to make a program, the end user does not know, nor care what is used. Just because a program is natively coded does not mean it will do better business than a click and play tool. My best selling app was written in html/javascript as a web app by an Indian coder, and then wrapped in a custom tool I had designed by a much higher paid and skilled European coder to turn it into a native app, and distribte through iTunes, the user doesn't even know they are using a wrapped web app, nor do they care.
    I have found someone for this job, thank you to all that applied, also no does not mean never, it just means not right now, and no can mean yes very easily. I have a fair bit of experience and coders can often try to eat more than they can chew, so the bone may be passed on if things fall through, the games industry isn't very reliable from a developers perspective and you have to have a lot of irons in the fire.
    Once again thank you to everyone that applied, Ill keep you on file, or contact you should something turn up.
    Kind Regards Dean Avanti.