Getting a bought copy of Mountain Lion to work on a virtual machine..

ToastedUnicornToastedUnicorn Member Posts: 35
edited October 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Ive tried for a week now to get my bought copy of 10.8 to work on ANY virtual machine... But i just cant get it to work.
Ive tried every guide there is online on how to do this ( not many there anyways :/ )

Ive got the other osx to work but when i try to install/update to my copy of ML it just doesnt work.

The virtualmachine wont boot with my .dmg / . iso file of the ML and i cant get it to boot from my BOOTABLE USB that i made from the ML copy..

I know you guys are just gonna tell me to buy a Mac Mini, and i really do want to, but i just dont have the money right now :/

Ive been building my game on my PC and then ported into the " downloaded pre configured lion" and it works great, but i do want my Mountain Lion on there so i can test it with xcode and later publish it.

Is there any of you saladeating people who have a working bought copy of Mountain Lion running on any virtualmachine, who got the time to help me or show me a WORKING guide :(

/ A sad guy..

Comments

• dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    edited October 2012
    Can you give us more details? What computer you are using? What you have tried so far? What operating system do you currently have installed? Are you aware that PC's are evil and it might just not be possible because the hardware doesn't support Mountain Lion? How have you installed previous versions of Mac OS X?
  • ToastedUnicornToastedUnicorn Member Posts: 35
    I will give you more details tomorrow and maybe we can solve this.. Right now i have to sleep :3
    Ah now im back :) Ty Mr Rinoy for your fast reply! :)

The link you used is using Unibeast and thats the program i used to make my bootable usb. And most of the guide is more for Hackintosh, and its not really the same as a virtualmachine imo :/

The main problem i have is, my usb.

Only virtualbox can handle and detect my usb without crashing the whole guest.
    And when i want to boot from my unibeast usb on virtualbox:
    It either gives me a " no boot media error " or like when im using plop, or Iboot i get some kind of error.

I have also tried making my copy of ML to an ISO and save the DMG file and boot directly from it but the virtualmachine wont find it :/
    bummpz
  • epicstagepicstag PRO Posts: 132
    I use a mac mini for dev, but I can tell you that my wifes old school Intel Core2 Due Sony Vaio VGN-CS320J works with OSX Lion. Those are fairly cheap I think.

And as far as hackintosh goes, don't update with the update utility. It will almost always break it.
    yeaa i figured that one out the hard way :/ :)
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    been tryin to get ML lion on my PC as well but so far no luck. it just won't boot no mater what :( might just stick to my macbook now.
    ah same here m8 :/ I dont have a mac nor money to buy one :(:(
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    i did get to run lion in the past but the graphic had problems , it's not full screen. There's not much choices now since mountain lion scans the hardware before it can install .
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I have to close this, we can't have discussions about circumventing apples rules on where Mac OS can be installed. We don't want anything hindering the relationship GS has with apple.

There are plenty of resources available via google for stuff like this, you'll find much better luck, and more people doing it out there.
This discussion has been closed.