Entry fields reset to blank!

DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi there,

Well I'm trying to learn GS by looking at the settings in the template games and then entering the same values in my game effort. In this example I'm looking that the cannon template.

Issues:
- the template game shows a change attribute entry as "self.Start, or self.Loading." I cannot find these in the sub menus offered. Where exactly do I find them? In the end I have been typing them in the attribute field.

- When I preview the game I find that my cannon floats up and does not stay grounded. What setting should I be looking at to correct this. It is suppose to rotate and follow the mouse movements.

- After previewing the game I find that some my attribute setting have reset to blank. At first I thought they were the ones that I had typed in, but then I realize that some of them remain. Should NOT manually type in attributes?

Thanks,

Dooki

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    never type in attributes. Always select them from the list. Sometimes copying and pasting can cause a problem as well.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    yes, those attributes that you cannot find need to be created by you.

Click the little plus [+] button on the left hand side to create a new attribute.

Then you can select it from the list.
  • DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    THANK YOU firemaplegames!!!!

That did the trick! Hey I looked at some of you games. Fun fun fun!

-Dooki