iPad app rejected due to "launch images" HELP!

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
Here's what they said in an email:

"The iPad Human Interface Guidelines state that launch images should be provided for all supported orientations. The Sticker Safari HD launch image is only displayed in the upright portrait position with the home button at the bottom.

It would be appropriate to provide a launch image for each supported orientation. A single launch image may cause user confusion as it is a passive indicator for the user to change from the current orientation."

-------

What did I do wrong?

Comments

• JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Don't know if it helps but I out two both orientations of splash screens on both my apps no matter what.

I also only put the name of of the game and make it look like the title screen
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Well, I had my app set up as a single scene. There is a pop-up style welcome that you click on before starting, but it's just one scene. So I went ahead and added a new scene at the beginning that just has a simple image with no text and then a timer so that after 1 second it goes to the main app. We'll see if that does it. Apple is impossible to figure out!
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    The SDK supports 4 load screen images for all orientations- does GS? If not, the chefs need to add this to the "to-do" list. :)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Does anyone know what happens if you check all four of the auto rotation check boxes in a single scene? Maybe I should have done that for the initial scene and left it as both portraits for the main game scene. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

arghh...
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    i got the same email for my HypnoPad app. sucks, I wanted 2 apps up for tomorrow.