Looking for Game Developer/Designer

Hi,
I've been searching about the internet to find the best place to post up this request for help. Hopefully this is the right place, but apologies if not.

I'm looking for someone (/a team if needs be) to create a game for my website. I have attempted it myself several times using various methods but I always get stuck, and very early on! Hoping to find someone that knows what they're doing to create the game, including graphics.

I run a Takeshi's Castle website (a Japanese game show, you might know it as MXC), so am looking for a game based on the show. I'm only thinking of a quite simple game with cartoony graphics.

The idea is that you will play though, say, six or seven simple mini games (hit the button to drop at the right time, or simple left/right/shoot controls) and then reach the final. Each game would be selected at random from a bank of maybe around 10/15 (with the possibility of adding more in the future). You begin the first game with 10 'contestants', playing as each one after another attempting to get as many through the game as possible. The contestants that you sucsesfully get through would then move on to the next game, etc, etc, until you hopefully reach the final with some of them remaining. So basicially 10 lives to get though all the games, each reprisented as a different character. Your results in the final Show Down would be added to a leaderboard.

In my head this game seems to be on the simple end of the scale, I hope!.. But I expect I maybe be wrong. As I said, it only needs to be simple controls, some of the mini-games would only need one button. Looking for it to be built in HTML5 as I would like it to work on both PC and non-Flash platforms like iPhone/iPad. Unless of course there is a better format to use for this?

If anyone is interested please let me know. The website the game would be created for is: http://www.keshiheads.co.uk/homepage.html
I would be willing to pay for your time if required, but I only run the website as a hobby and make absolutely no profit from it so I couldn't afford a particularly large budget!

Thanks!

Comments

• HappyBadgersHappyBadgers Member Posts: 53
    Hmm...sounds interesting...how much traffic do you get?
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    This is a fan site? Or official/approved affiliate site for fans?

Do you have approval to use the show's name, likeness etc?

Royalties and licenses may be a legal hurdle unless you are going for a straight up parody (name and content therein).
  • DuffDanDuffDan Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hmm...sounds interesting...how much traffic do you get?
    Nothing massive - average is around 220 visits a day.
    This is a fan site? Or official/approved affiliate site for fans?

Do you have approval to use the show's name, likeness etc?

Royalties and licenses may be a legal hurdle unless you are going for a straight up parody (name and content therein).
    Not official, but the channel that airs the show in the UK (the version that the site is most based on) are fully aware of it and used to link to us from a previous version of their official website. Using the official name in the game could be avoided, but basing the game on the show should be okay. As it's purely for fun and not for any sort of profit there shouldn't be a problem. We've not had any trouble in the almost 9 years the website has been running so far and the official rights holders seem to be more than happy with the promotion.