Trouble with continuing game after player is destroyed and respawned - Windows Version

I have searched the forums for "lives system" and found out how to do most of it and am able to display number of lives on screen and able to subtract from it when the player is destroyed (using the invaders template). When the player dies I reset the scene, respawn the player actor but then the action stops after the other actors move once. The respawned player shoots and moves but the actors moving towards him stop. Can someone point me to any information on what to do next so the actors will continue to advance down the screen towards the player or am I going about this completely wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• WarLord720WarLord720 Member Posts: 3
    I've managed a bit of progress in that I now have the player respawn and the gameplay continues within that level but it will not go to the next level after all the enemies are eliminated from the playing area. If the player is not killed the enemy count works and the game moves to the next level but if the player is killed the level will not advance after all the enemies are eliminated. Somehow I am outside of the enemy count loop when the player is killed and a new player respawned.
  • WarLord720WarLord720 Member Posts: 3
    I think I finally figured it out. I wasn't taking into account the enemy the player was colliding with. Added a change attribute to subtract 1 from the enemy count and game seems to be moving properly to the next level.