Is GS able to use content downloaded from my Server (To keep app small in size)

I'm creating an app that deals with photos, and therefor retina sizes are important. I'd like to have a "new photo every day" feature, but I do not want to have a huge app for people to download, especially on retina iPads.

Is it possible to create an actor out of a downloaded image?

Also, is is possible to pull data from a database on my server, such as co-ordinates of important points in the image to be highlighted?

Thanks!

Comments

• sfbaystudiossfbaystudios Member Posts: 2
    Nope.
    Boo. Hmm. Two follow ups then:

1. Is is possible to adjust the code after it's done in GS and create a separate area, perhaps by a more seasoned programmer, that works with downloading the content etc?

2. Is there another 2D (unity is difficult with 2D, I've found) system like GS that does allow connections to a server?
  • PixelMetalPixelMetal Member Posts: 283
    edited December 2012

Boo. Hmm. Two follow ups then:

1. Is is possible to adjust the code after it's done in GS and create a separate area, perhaps by a more seasoned programmer, that works with downloading the content etc?

2. Is there another 2D (unity is difficult with 2D, I've found) system like GS that does allow connections to a server?
    1. Not really, I've tried the same thing. The library that runs the game is not editable after compilation, though I suppose you could in theory get something in there, but the effort wouldn't be worth it and you'd have to do it every time you recompiled.

2. There's a 2D toolkit available at a low price for Unity that works wonders for its usability in 2D. To answer the second part of your question: most of them allow at least asynchronous connections to a server.

I really don't know why GS doesn't support such a simple thing yet. Seriously, all we need is get/post and the developers using GS can worry about the rest. Adding this functionality to the OpenURL behavior seems like a no-brainer.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    This may become available when the LUA free creator is released. Gamesalad is working on a new creator with a different engine that is able to incorporate such things. Just have to be patient.