Zoom out during iPad preview?

RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Basically when i preview and iPad game i'm making i can't see the whole area of what would be the iPad screen as my Macbook Pro screen isn't big enough to fit it in in GS.

I was wondering if i can zoom out to see it all or something? Maybe i am just being stupid but i can't find any way of doing this. It is a landscape iPad game.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    no way to do this im afraid. You would need an external monitor that supports the resolution of, cant remember, think its something like 1900 x 1400. Alternatively you can do a web preview and you will see it all, rather annoying though, you think they would just make a zoom out button :)
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    haha yeh, thanks, i guess i could just view it on our iMac but thats just a hassle to transfer the file and there is no guarantee that it would always be free when i was to preview

also, i did try web preview but it doesn't work for some reason :(

nice name btw
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    I'm having the same trouble with my 22" iMac...and the web preview wont flip it into portrait mode for some reason so not sure how i'm able to view the whole area in portrait mode....any ideas?

Darren.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Oops double post .....sorry.
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Yeh, I'm having trouble with previewing my iPad game. Currently I am getting nowhere. :/ Shame, but I'm sure the great people at Gendai Games will fix it. :D
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I'm cringing with the idea of developing an iPad game on the MacBook 13" I acquired from my wife after buying her the iPad.

The MacBook has a 1280x800 screen. You can forget about iPad portrait mode! What am I supposed to do?!