Music files not playing; sound files resetting with scenes

Hey, everyone! I tried looking up this issue, but the information I keep finding is either for older versions or is for the Mac version.

Basically, I'm trying to get a music file I have to loop across scenes, without resetting each time the scene changes. The first issue I'm running into is that GameSalad isn't letting me select whether I want to convert my wav file into a sound or music file (ogg or m4a), but automatically makes it ogg. When I tried using the ogg with the Play Sound command, it resets every time I change scenes; one video suggested I should place the rule on an actor only present in my menu screen and not the others, but if I do this the music just stops playing at the next scene.

I thought the issue might be that it's a sound file and I needed the Play Music command, so I converted my wav into m4a with Audacity. Unfortunately, when I import this new file into GameSalad, it doesn't play (either with the command while in-game or in the media menu); there is just no sound.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, the main thing I want to accomplish is for this song to play across scenes without resetting, so if I don't mind if its a sound or music file--whichever one works.

Comments

• OniCraftOniCraft Member, BASIC Posts: 43
    say you need to play the same music for zone A, B, and C, but not D.
    Then you put a rule that if attribute music (integer) =/= 0, change att music to 0 and play music 0, if att music = 0, play current music.
    When you reach zone D, put a rule that if att music =/=1, change att music to 1 and play music 1, if att music =1, play current music.
    It should work so that when you are in zone A, B, and C, you will be listening to music 0 without restarting
    In zone D, you will be listening to music 1
    as for the files, I usually use mp3 or wav
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    yuh i think you should try mp3, most of the background music i used are mp3 as well.
  • DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159
    You could create a new scene and place it first with just the music in it and loop it. Don't know if that's a good way to do it but it works :)
  • SconeScone Member Posts: 26
    See, that's another problem. I tried mp3, but it actually will not accept it. It only lets me use wav, m4a, or ogg sound files.
    Did you convert it into mp3 or was it mp3 to begin with? If it wasn't originally mp3, maybe you should try another converter or just try again? My mp3 and wav files always work in gamesalad