Need help creating a left to right moving platform PAID JOB $$

I am building a 2D platform game most of the work is done Im just building levels. However one element I cant get to work is a moving platform left to right as my character does not move with it. I have up and down working but not left to right. What I would like is someone to take my project and add in this element. What I DONT want is people sending me there platforms for me to put in my project as I have tried this and they never work within my constraints. If you think you can help or can recommend someone who can help please contact me. I am willing to pay for this job this can be discussed once I find the right person. Any questions let me know.

Comments

• OskarDeveloperOskarDeveloper Member Posts: 533
    Shoot me an email: xibbe23@gmail.com
  • I can answer the question. If you have a boolean attribute that makes the moving platform move that changes every 5 seconds, causing it to move, you can have a rule in your character that says when the attribute is true/false it triggers a Change Velocity to the direction that the platform is moving, and at the same speed. You do the opposite to go the opposite direction.
  • famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834
    You want a scrolling background with the player or continuously moving?

Don't even try continuously moving background, won't work in gs, you can search some of my threads, I had to completely chnage my whole game idea because of that.

If you need a constant motion trying using a four frame animated looping background instead.

If you want it to move only when player moves, then that can be done I think.
  • GeniusbearGeniusbear Member Posts: 107
    Howdy,

Download this its left right movement with jumping, crouching and cloudplatforms :)
    http://gshelper.com/?p=215

Gr. GeniusBear
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Member Posts: 216
    what i did in my platformer was I had it so that the platform moves in a timer and let's say it moves 10 pixels every .1 seconds. (just an example off the top of my head) So I would have a timer that says every .1 seconds >> change attribute self.position.x to self.position.x + 10. That makes it move, but, the character probably won't move, so then also trigger a global boolean attribute to true inside the timer. Then, inside the code for character, say: if game.boolean = true then { (self.position.x = self.position.x + 10 ) and (game.boolean = false) } . Now, of course you probably will have have different platforms moving different speeds so use attributes.
  • @wickedsunny So you're saying a wrappable (repeats) background isn't possible in GS? Or do you mean a background where it scrolls based on the user dragging part of the screen?
  • famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834
    edited January 2013
    Ya repeatable are possible with spawning actors, but a lot of spawning causes immersive lag in gs, so technically it's possible in reality not. My app would lag imensely with spawning backgrounds. And interpolating them doesn't work, after few minutes it starts leaving gaps in between two repeatable background.

Best option is to use an animated background.

Dragging is totally different.

If you use xwarp in attributes, every object will start warping in the scene, hopefully gs will fix it in future so that it applies only to the bg.