GS gurus...help! PRO version not compiling with custom LOAD Screen

guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Help....please resolve for us....kindly! GS is awesome on iPad.

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Already known since reports started coming in when everyone started getting their iPads. Thanks. We'll take care of that.
    It was definitely not on purpose.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Any idea of a time frame on this

Had a couple updates declined due to the rotate splash issue
    If this is coming today ill just hold off a few hours on resubmitting

thanks!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I imagine this is already known but the same problem seems to be happening with express accounts. I've had an ipad app rejected twice now for the same reason.
    Dudes..........

:)
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    Unfortunately I live in the UK, so I have not yet experienced the iPad. I was wondering as gamesalad has a huge problem with loading times. Is the iPad fast?
    K, just got another app rejected - my lite version

again any idea if its being fixed soon or is just in the pipeline?
    I know you guys like to keep us on our toes but, i would love a response!
    thanks again
    :)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Although the rotation issue wasn't the original issue that sparked this thread, it seems to have headed towards it. Can you please give the exact reason why it was rejected. Please include all the supported orientations of your game.
    In short its that the game is in landscape but the loading screen is not. ... see Mulcahy's video on his i got my pad post

They are saying the load screen should either have both orientations or at least be in the same one as the game.

The GS logo really has nothing to do with it

Here is the email they sent a picture too :)

We've reviewed your application and determined that we cannot post this version of your iPad application to the App Store. Applications must adhere to the iPad Human Interface Guidelines as outlined in the iPhone Developer Program License Agreement section 3.3.5.

The iPad Human Interface Guidelines state that launch images should be provided for all supported orientations. The Go ladybug, GO! Free launch image is only displayed in the portrait orientation with the home button at the bottom.

It would be appropriate to provide a launch image for each supported orientation. A single launch image may cause user confusion as it is a passive indicator for the user to change from the current orientation.