Pixel Quest - Retro Sandbox RPG

mmzbrmmzbr Member Posts: 311

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmztech.pixelquest
Itunes: Soon
Amazon App Store: Soon

Pixel Quest is a retro RPG game mixed with modern sandbox gameplay experience.

You can play this game as your own! Fighting monsters, questing, gathering resources, crafting items and much more!

Using a classic battle system based on the oldies RPGs, you will fight a horde of monsters.

The world of Pixel Quest is vast and live, visit villages and towns, explore dungeons, defeat bosses and much more.

New content to the game will be added in future free updates!

Become a Legend of Pixel Quest today!

LIMITED TIME: RELEASE PROMOTION PRICE - 50% OFF

ScreenShots:

Comments

• mmzbrmmzbr Member Posts: 311
    I will add a video/teaser soon.
  • prince.studiosprince.studios Member Posts: 77
    looks great
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Looks amazing, man! Well done on this!
  • SpriteAttackSpriteAttack Member Posts: 524
    Nice start - I would take the shadow and the gradient off the UI elements and do them in pixel style as well to make it look more consistent. Good luck!
  • OmenaboOmenabo Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2013
    I really like the outlook. Good luck on your sales.
  • yemiyemi Member Posts: 13
    This looks like a big step up from simpler games that I usually see made with gamesalad
    Looks like alot of work and effort went into programming this game and I hope the rewards are great!! Awesome Job!!
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    Game looks really great and seems to have deep gameplay! I also noticed that you are pretty high up on the top paid new releases on Google Play. Did you advertise or post on many forums/websites or did it just start selling well? I gotta say it's hard to get noticed on Play so well done indeed.
    iPhone Version was approved.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixel-quest-rpg/id539592605?ls=1&mt=8

PROMO CODES
    AE6EXX67J6T7
    74APRL34EMH9
    N3EK6XNWX6WT
    N46KW6AFEH7X
    96FF7YXH74K4

I hope you guys like it.

@SaladStraightShooter you don't have to pay my friend, I sent to you a promo code (check your private messages =)
    @SpriteAttack I will get a graphic update in the next big update, I just hiring a pixel artist for this

@Omenabo Thank you

@yemi Yeah, that project have a lot of sub systems and tables to work but it's my old dream becoming true (make my own rpg) thank you to Gamesalad for that.

@Crazybreadman I just sent the info about the game to www.droidgamers.com , Andrew (the site editor and owner) always help me posting in his awesome site and get a good start on sales, the rest I think was the good score (the game was in 1st New Payed Games - Brain Category)
    @prince.studios thank you =)
    @Braydon_SFX thank you =)
    In the overall the game is doing well with players satisfied and enjoying the game, the most part of 1stars reviews in google is based in incompatible devices that game crashes/doesn't work (I already removed those devices from compatible devices). I'm working hard to put more content and bug fixes (I already released 6 updates since the day I've released the game and one more coming).

The iPhone version is based on 1.06 version, google have 1.07 already and I'm finishing (probably tomorrow) the 1.08 with new quests, 1 new spell, more treasures to hunt, 2 new regions and 5 new craft recipes.

I have big plans for this game and I will keep updated with new stuff and improvements, I'm working right now in a better system for the grind part (less hard or tedious), but the most part of players are having fun, so that's matter to me. =)

I will update the iPhone version soon.

PS: Sorry my english and hope you guys like it.
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the response! I actually submitted a review request earlier today for my new game Super Smash Ants on Google Play so hopefully Andrew will post it on Droidgamers.com... maybe you can put in a good word ;)

I picked up N46KW6AFEH7X and I'll have to try it out tonight, thanks!

edited January 2013
    All of the promo codes have been redeemed. Folks, it's helpful when you post the code you used here.

Just bought it. Looking forward to playing it!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Bought this and it is awesome. Reminds me a little of Yipe V, one of my favorite games.
  • PixelMetalPixelMetal Member Posts: 283
    I've been pleasantly surprised by this game. While there's a few things that could help it play a bit smoother - diagonal movement, allowing at least slight overlay w/ blocking actors so movement on narrow paths surrounded by trees wouldn't be so touchy/precise - overall it's the most "gamey" (in a good way) of any GS games I've ever played. Props guys!
  • andrewm2211andrewm2211 Member Posts: 341
    Just bought this game, really enjoying it went at it for a good hour before putting it down.
    A few things that might be helpful.

Have a native english speaker comb over all the text you have in there. There's a few basic mistakes.

Also one thing that happened to me is after I beat an enemy and the wheel was spinning to see how much gold I get and it landed right on the line, between two numbers. And it seemed like it couldn't pick so it froze, when I restarted everything was ok/saved still so it's not a biggie.

Also in the store to buy news staffs it says things like "increases attack BY 2, or BY 3" So lets say you have the staff you start with that gives you an attack of 1, if it increased by 3, you'd have an attack of 4.
    But it doesn't when you by the new staff it increases your attack "to" 3 not "by" three.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
    dude you're number 10 in Games>Adventure in US store, Awesome!
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    dude you're number 10 in Games>Adventure in US store, Awesome!
    @mmzbr Congrats! Was this achieved without marketing?
    @tatiang Thank you
    @BazookaTime Thank you
    @andrewm2211 Yeah, the english in the game is basic (not my primary language), I have help of some ppl but nobody is native english speaker, I will try hire someone to check and update the typos for me. The wheel bug was fixed in the current update (already released in Android, soon for IOS). We're working in balance and game economy at moment but we will update some sprites with animations in a near future. This project was conceited to be updated constantly (the iPhone release version is based on 1.06, Android already have 1.07 and I'm working doing the final tests of 1.08) so expect a lot of new stuff (spells, locations, game mechanics, items, skill, new classes ).

I'm doing this alone, so take some time to create, test and release but I will try do my best =)

@imGua . Yeah.. I just made a post on touch arcade forums and here. The game was released in Android first with a good reception and some reviews already wrote. The game is doing well in charts

I just want to thank you again the Gamesalad Team for this awesome piece of software, this project proved this tool is powerful and easy to use, my only concern (not a big deal) is the massive loadings, but that will be end soon with the free LUA engine.

Thanks to GameSalad Community also, you guys are the best!
  • WTDeveloperWTDeveloper Member Posts: 352
    @mmzbr

I hope you will have some success with your game ;)
    It looks great!!

Which site do you use for downloads and rankings?!?

Thanks
    WTDeveloper
    @WTDeveloper Thank you! www.appfigures.com
  • WTDeveloperWTDeveloper Member Posts: 352
    @mmzbr
    thanks! ;)
    is there any iPad version of your game?!?
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    I love the game so far.  It reminds me of Ultima III which was a favorite of mine growing up.

I agree about the movement issues (around trees, etc.) but it doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is that I can't start moving in a direction and slide my thumb off of the d-pad while still touching the screen.  If I do, the character stops moving.  It seems like an unforgiving movement system.

Any time there are spelling or grammar mistakes, it makes the game seem less polished.  I've started charging for proofreading services but if you'd like my help, I would not charge you for revising the text in this game (since I'm enjoying it so much and want it to succeed).

Here's what I really like about the game:

1.  The graphics are old school and the colors and textures are interesting without interfering with the feel and gameplay of the game.

2.  The scale of the game is perfect.  Things are small enough that you can see where you're going without bumping into monsters by mistake but large enough that on an iPhone it still feels like a professionally made game.

3.  The pace of the game.  Explore a bit, kill a few monsters, explore a bit, discover something new.

4.  The time-based healing and "home" teleport.  This avoids the need to keep buying potions all the time.

Anyway, I've only just begun playing it and I'm looking forward to exploring the world more!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@mmzbr help me out, I'm not sure what to do next. I free'd the merchant from the dungeon, now what? I can go south, but there are just bandits there, that are impossible to kill, and a tree , that I can't fight without and 'orb'. What do I do next?
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited January 2013
    Ranked #5 in the U.S. in Role Playing games yesterday. :O

The other 4 were, oh, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, Minecraft Explorer Pro, FINAL FANTASY ALL THE BRAVEST, and 10000000.

Bravo!

Source: http://www.appannie.com/matrix/iphone/united-states/?date=2013-01-24

• MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    edited January 2013
    Bought it. Haven't played it much yet but it's an awesome game! :)

Something I noticed while playing... when mining you're able to select what you are going to get (diamond, ore or failed) as you're able to tap the "prize wheel" as many times you want.

0:40 ->

@Manto1 Thank you for reported that, but the fix for this is already live in Android Version and under way to iPhone Version.
    @mmzbr , can you help me with my previous question?
    Also I honestly hope you don't fix the mining thing. Even with the way it is now I spend forever mining to get stuff, I can't imagine how long it would take me if I could keep spinning the wheel.

Just my opinion...