Trying to box to fall properly!

After countless work on this, I have almost given up on trying to make what seemed (and probably is) a simple thing to work. If anyone has a bit of time to check out this menu scene I have been working on, it would be very much appreciated. It is basically just doing what it should be some of the time, but not all of the time.

So this is what I want to happen:
-When you click on the left (credits) or right (options) buttons, they let a box actor drop down (which is the same actor for both)
-Allow Option changes if the necessary buttons are being pressed
-For the box to then fall down (whether options or credits) and then move back to the starting point ready for another use

Many thanks

Answers

• MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    What's exactly the problem you have? Buttons not working? Box going upside down?
  • JagonAppsJagonApps Member Posts: 241
    Well...
    -The buttons for the sound effect does a random in out in out before settling when you press it (i haven't bothered making the music button yet till I get one right).
    -After pressing the sound effect button, you can no longer move the main box
    -Sometimes from the second usgae onwards when you click for the box to appear and fall down it will turn way more than I set it to (i set it to random but within constraints so it couldn't turn over)
    -After a while on cycling through getting the box then sending it away, it will eventually stop working
    -Sometimes from the second usage onwards when the box comes down it will slow down rather than speed up

I know it seems a lot but I bet it is all related, just can't see how ;)
    bump..anyone help please?
    Don't worry, eventually fixed it :D
  • CORE GameCORE Game Member, PRO Posts: 280
    would like to know what was your approach to fix it.
    Thanks

@fsoufi, I seem to remember I left it for a few days, sort of pondered it, then went back with a fresh mind and went through everything very chronologically, and eventually I worked it out, a small thing I think, which affected most of the other problems I was having.

I also use the trick of permanently keeping an actor template for displaying an attribute for a particular scene, so when I have a problem, I just copy the template, add the correct attribute, and then put the relevant ones on around the edge of the scene, really helps to understand what is happening. ;)