Programming help needed for a project

Okay, I'm not even sure if this IS possible in game salad, but I'll ask anyway: I want to make an ipad app (that would be free to download) where you touch my cartoon character and he says random phrases, complete with lip syncing. I have all the graphics/audio/music done, but I have no idea how to lip sync in game salad, or program code for it.(I know how to lip sync, since i'm an animator, but not in this particular program.) This wouldn't be a paid thing, because I don't intend to profit from this. It's more of a promotional thing for my new website. But if this is possible to do, could anyone help me out?
I'm using Windows 7.

Comments

• thedevnextdoorthedevnextdoor Member Posts: 78
    This is possible in GS.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited January 2013
    You can do this, but you will need to ensure that the animations and voiceovers are matched in what ever app you are using first.

When you import them into game salad, you will want to import the animation frames and import the voice overs as sound effects and utilize timers to sync both.

As far as seeking help, you are asking for free work on a project that will not see any form of profit. What's kinda troubling is that you will be using it for self-promtion. Asking for free work is a forums no-no. There are "For Hire" services here on the forums. You could seek one of these programmers, or build a relationship/partnerhip with a another GameSald user.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2013
    . . . you touch my cartoon character and he says random phrases, complete with lip syncing
    Simply pre-render the animated mouth movement for each phrase as a PNG sequence - then import these into GameSalad - the actual coding you'd then need to do within GameSalad is really simple.
    This wouldn't be a paid thing, because I don't intend to profit from this. It's more of a promotional thing for my new website.
    Translation: I want you to work for free to promote me and my website.

:))

• GeneralGruntGeneralGrunt Member Posts: 4
    You can do this, but you will need to ensure that the animations and voiceovers are matched in what ever app you are using first.

When you import them into game salad, you will want to import the animation frames and import the voice overs as sound effects and utilize timers to sync both.

As far as seeking help, you are asking for free work on a project that will not see any form of profit. What's kinda troubling is that you will be using it for self-promtion. Asking for free work is a forums no-no. There are "For Hire" services here on the forums. You could seek one of these programmers, or build a relationship/partnerhip with a another GameSald user.
    Ah this helps A LOT! in other words, animate it first, then save it as images to import into game salad. I will give that a try. And I'm so sorry, about asking for free work! I assure you I meant nothing by it!
  • MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    edited January 2013
  • GeneralGruntGeneralGrunt Member Posts: 4
    Basically, yes! Only every time you touch him he says something different.