Paid Job - talk animation / random sound play / user scrolling image.

Paid job for some changes to a template Ive been working on. programming changes are listed below.

-------------------------------
Intro Screen / Job Title - animating newsreader.
background image shows man at desk without a head, on layer above randomly display head images, these are in state mouth open and mouth closed, 10 images of each.
see image - http://www.avantivitastudios.com/jobs/NewsReaderMockUp1.gif

To give the effect of talking, alternate from mouth closed to mouth open image, pick which image randomly.
see gif animation image - http://www.avantivitastudios.com/jobs/NewsReaderMockUp2.gif

state1 pick random mouth closed from images (mouth closed 1-10)
state2 pick random mouth open from images (mouth open 1-10)
state 3 repeat.
above the news reader and head images is another layer, this is a translucent image with noise, play these images randomly
while these images are being played a sound file plays the news announcers voice sound file.

It may need tweaking to get a good talking effect, so it may be best to play 'both' random mouth open and closed in any order, and not go specifically from mouth closed and then to mouth open. It also may be necessary to have a slight delay/pause at the start and the end, so that we get some slight delay before he speaks and then a slight pause at the end after he speaks, play random mouth closed at these points but at a slow speed to give the effect of a pause.

----------------------------------------
Elvis intro screen. / Job Title - Random sound play.
At the moment its playing a random Zombie Elvis! sound file, then a random organ track wav then repeats the play random intro track when finished.
see video at the start.
http://screencast.com/t/JgfKlLsnehzs

I want to change it to.
Step 1: Randomly select and play an Organ Track sound file 1 to 5.
then
Step 2: Randomly select and play an Zombie Elvis! Intro Track sound file 1 to 5.
Step 3: When a random Zombie Elvis! Intro Track track has played, go to a state of Randomly playing an Organ Track (1-5)
so
step 4: state is now playing random organ tracks indefinitely, but… It would be nice if every now and again it played a random Zombie Elvis! Intro Track. (breaking up constant random organ loops).
Text information screen. / Job Title - scrolling text art.
A menu screen with text information, but we wont use fonts for the text, we will use an 'image' of text.
background image layer 1.
Layer 2, text as image (don't use a font for the text) use art image for full text message, user can control (see more) by scrolling to see text (ie the graphic image).

I pay by paypal, you show the work first by video, I approve it, then I pay you, then you send me the files.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    It's great to have a full description of services needed rather than a vague request. The only thing I would change is "we agree on a price first, you show the work second by video, I approve it, then I pay you, and then you send me the files. Otherwise, you may (lucky you!) get multiple videos from people expecting to be paid.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• firestormfirestorm Member Posts: 12
    Hi tatiang, I took it for granted they would contact me with a quote.
    Yep, interested parties give me a quote, tell me a little about yourself etc, that way I can pick a candidate for the job.
    Once I pick someone Ill send the files needed and open up dialog so we can make sure we both understand what the brief is and the job can be brought to a finish successfully.
    Looking forward to hearing from you :)
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    do you even have the rights to those images and I never contract work without a deposit.
    Ill make a note, serious interested parties can either post in this thread, send a message through the boards mailing system, or send an email via my contact web page.
    http://www.avantivitastudios.com/contact.html
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I'm a serious party who would be code this for you. My rate is $25 per hour and I get a small good faith deposit. Anyone around here will vouch for my standing and reputation in this community.
    This job has been done so the position is closed.