It doesnt look like I will be putting my assets into the market place

It doesnt look like I will be putting my assets into the market place. I wanted upload the vector illustrator, eps, and flash file, so that people have ultimate control over the elements and the ability to easily and better customize the characters, but the marketplace doesn't support these files. I could only upload the PNG files, which isn't as good.

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Since they are created, can't you just make animations out of them in png's and then put on the marketplace?

You could always sell the full vectors, odd, whatever, on your own site as well. You cant advertise that on here though
  • cartoonscottcartoonscott Member Posts: 78
    The whole point to was to make these vector files that buyers could then make as many animations with as they wanted to, and customize to make them more unique to their own games. I think its a shame I cant do that. Yeah I can upload pngs, and people can roughly alter them in photoshop but thats messy and doesnt give you the best control over changes that you could make via illustrator or flash
  • tallguy1000tallguy1000 Member Posts: 12
    Just upload them. They're great. You will sell them and that's the point.
  • tallguy1000tallguy1000 Member Posts: 12
    Or maybe separate into body parts so they can be animated easily?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Regardless of what the point of creating them was, you have created them, so to say you cant use them on the marketplace seems stupid .. You can, just not in the way you wanted!

So you've spent your time, what next? discard them because you cant upload vectors or upload them as png's? See my point?

Either pre-animate walking, running, attacking stances etc or trim each individual body part and upload as a pack of png's like that, people can then put them into their program of choice and animate themselves!

I get its annoying but there are ways around it. You could even do the body parts in different sizes as they cant scale as well being only png's, everything in small, medium and large should do it!
  • Alembic_SoftworksAlembic_Softworks Member Posts: 114
    @cartoonscott - I agree with these guys - just sell them! You put a lot of work into them.
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @cartoonscott Well you could always sell them in packages non attached. So a head for the character, arm with weapon, back arm without, legs separate, chest, and so on. Then they can just use an animation software to animate them with those pieces.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    It's Also because the images are then available in the GS creator automatically when purchased. They would be useless there if they were incompatible to GS.
  • PixelMetalPixelMetal Member Posts: 283
    edited January 2013
    It's Also because the images are then available in the GS creator automatically when purchased. They would be useless there if they were incompatible to GS.
    That's like saying it's a bad thing when you purchase a Wordpress template that includes the original Photoshop/Illustrator source files, because they don't work immediately in Wordpress and actually take some effort. Ugh, effort! Why can't other people do everything for me?

@cartoonscott I'm with you - we should be able to include these support files to provide the user more options for customization.

When I get the chance I'll create a png file of the charcters broken into parts. The buyer can then slice it up in Photoshop. It will be okay, you can still customize it in photoshop but not as good as a vector
    I offically give up. I made the PNG file instead of the vectors and I have tried uploading to the market place a million times and it keeps failing. I have put the files elsewhere online with nowhere near the hassle I've had with uploading here.
  • TaidakenTaidaken Member Posts: 271
    I offically give up. I made the PNG file instead of the vectors and I have tried uploading to the market place a million times and it keeps failing. I have put the files elsewhere online with nowhere near the hassle I've had with uploading here.
    A million times?, then you have done something wrong a million times. The upload system can be very touchy, If you don't fill out the data properly it won't work, that includes capital letters, things like .png and .PNG, check all these things.

edited February 2013
    Lol, its an expression. I've done it a considerable amount of times. I am so busy, for the past two weeks I've been working past 2am every night, but I keep trying to get this thing done any time I get the chance and there is always something wrong. I have put these files up in numerous places online now and none of them were like this.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    @cartoonscott just wondering - were you using Safari to upload? if so see note at top of forum. If not disregard. :D