Universal Build Tutorial with Project File

13»

Comments

• RD2012RD2012 Member, PRO Posts: 45
    Thanks @denimshark! Just wondering if the background image gets stretched at all with this template? I am using a very specific image for the background and if it's stretched I will lose the visual effect I am going for.
  • sawkasteesawkastee Member Posts: 184
    @RD2012 the background image does not get stretched but it will show more or less of the background image depending on the device.
  • RD2012RD2012 Member, PRO Posts: 45
    Great! Thanks for your help.
  • DenimSharkDenimShark Member Posts: 192
    @RD2012 the background image does not get stretched but it will show more or less of the background image depending on the device.
    Correct. The image is actually wider than 1024 px and the full image is seen only in a wider screen like iphone, kindle etc. No stretching.
  • hambuerger7hambuerger7 Member Posts: 45
    If I am going from iPhone to iPad instead of iPad to iPhone, what are the numbers do I need for scene.camera.size.height and scene.camera.origin.y?
  • GamePizzaGamePizza Member, PRO Posts: 227
    edited June 2013
    @DeepBlueApps.com Thank you so much for that. Its working same for portrait mode?
    iPhone 5:
    So if screen HEIGHT = 568,
    Change attribute: camera.width to 1024
    Change attribute: camera.origin.X to -128

The iphone 5 screen height of 568 doesn't seem to work for me. It seems to need 640, but then I am not sure about the camera.width and camera.origin. With the 568 setting, the screen is black.
  • chicopchicop Member Posts: 263
    ok so ive been reading all these posts and have been able to find info spread around but if i get this right,

in order to build a iphone game it has to be universal for app store?

or can you build just for iphone or just for iPad?

thanks
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    ok so ive been reading all these posts and have been able to find info spread around but if i get this right,

in order to build a iphone game it has to be universal for app store?

or can you build just for iphone or just for iPad?

thanks
    No you can still build and release games for iPhone or iPad only if you want to. Universal is just a good option because it means that the player can use the same game on an iPhone and iPad without having to buy both versions, and it can help app store rankings too because your ratings and reviews are all contained within one app rather than being split across the two separate apps.
    Ok cool, thanks!
    Hi there,

So I have a question, I did a universal build and in the viewer it works fine..also testing to iPad and iPhone through viewer works.

However I did a game test adhoc but checked iPhone thinking it wouldn't matter, but on iPad I get the x1 and x2 option instead of it just working full screen...

Did I oversee something in the publishing process or is my code off?

Thanks
    never mind, late night building didnt help.. missed the obvious
  • freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

is this working in windows version, i cant get it to work

• furthergamefurthergame Member Posts: 56

@Braydon_SFX said:
    DeepBlueApps.com Thank you so much for that. Its working same for portrait mode?

Yep - Just need to change some things around...

iPhone 4S and below:
    So if screen HEIGHT = 480,
    Change attribute: camera.width to 862
    Change attribute: camera.origin.X to -46

iPhone 5:

iPad:
    So if screen HEIGHT = 1024,
    Change attribute: camera.width to 768
    Change attribute: camera.origin.X to 0

I did this UB and it work perfectly. There any body know the UB for android using resizing camera.
    Thanks Guys

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

When converting your game for Android devices, it's better to use the Stretch feature (found on the publishing page) instead of trying to come up with all of the possible Android screen sizes.

• furthergamefurthergame Member Posts: 56

@Braydon_SFX said:
    When converting your game for Android devices, it's better to use the Stretch feature (found on the publishing page) instead of trying to come up with all of the possible Android screen sizes.

I went to publishing page for android, i looked on Aspect Ratio Adjustment to find " the Stretch feature " but i didn't find it. Next to Aspect Ratio Adjustment there are Overscan and Letterbox. I found also a tutorial how to Publishing to Android to see if i miss something and in this tutorial i did not see " the Stretch feature ". There is the link

https://help.gamesalad.com/hc/en-us/articles/202036393-4-5-Publishing-to-Android

Maybe because i'm a new pro user in community of gamesalad i can't find it yet.

Thanks for your help.

• FuzzBuzzFuzzBuzz Member, PRO Posts: 119
    edited July 2014

@DeepBlueApps‌ Hi I have a small problem. I've got a missing selection when i want to change an attribute have a look a the picture :

The " Current Scene " Option is missing... How is that possible ? Do you have something i don't have ???
    Thanks in advance :smile:

• 2015clia2015clia Member Posts: 1

Hi Darren,

Wonderful tutorial, very clear. Also thanks for including the file, very helpful!

I am still relatively new... and am having a problem with the Universal Build. Did all the steps (several times over), it's not working. When I open your file, it's also not working, am sure the problem is on my end.

Notably, when testing, I don't see the "Crop" function. (I get Overscan, Letterhead and Stretch -- a difference in versions?) My game is designed for iPad/landscape. When I test for iPhone versions my images get cut off, not resized. Unless I set it to stretch but I gather that's to be avoided.

Would love any input...

Claudia

• Mayhem_MadnessMayhem_Madness Member, PRO Posts: 168
    edited March 2015

@Braydon_SFX said:
    @DeepBlueApps
    DeepBlueApps.com Thank you so much for that. Its working same for portrait mode?

Yep - Just need to change some things around...

iPhone 4S and below:
    So if screen HEIGHT = 480,
    Change attribute: camera.width to 862
    Change attribute: camera.origin.X to -46

iPhone 5:

iPad:
    So if screen HEIGHT = 1024,
    Change attribute: camera.width to 768
    Change attribute: camera.origin.X to 0

Hi Braydon and DeepBlueApps, do you know what i would have to do, for it to work for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
    Thankyou.