Multitouch and Interpolating

Hello all,

I am working on a game that is multitouch heavy. I have used DeepBlueApps free multitouch template (http://www.deepblueapps.com/multi-touch-demos/) as a launching pad. To understand my question, please download the template so you can see the code I'm basing it off of.

In the game, the player is required to touch all 4 actors, before they are allowed to be dragged around. This is done by waiting for 4 touches in the Game.Touches.Count attribute, as well as ensuring each Game.TouchX attribute is true, before constraining the location of the actors to the touch locations. I want it so that when one or more fingers are released, all actors interpolate back to their original location. On touch pressed I save the X and Y coordinates of each actor into their own Self.ActorLocX and Self.ActorLocY attributes. On touch release, I interpolate the location of the actors to their correct starting location. However this only works individually, meaning that as I release fingers, each is interpolated to its correct location. I want it so that they all interpolate when just one finger is lifted. Does anyone with experience in multitouch know if theres a solution to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if my ramblings made sense or not, and I'll try to clear it up. I'm pretty new to GameSalad, so I might get the terms mixed up from time to time.

Thanks,
Jarren

Answers