Tutor needed

efrerichsefrerichs Member Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I am looking for someone willing to spend some time going over the basic features of GameSalad so that I can make simple games for students with physical and cognitive disabilities. They do not need to be fancy, and I have good computer skills and learn quickly, but quite honestly this "easy and intuitive" software is anything but! In the Boston area.

Comments

• harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

hello ef, once i finish my game. a simple space invaders clone. or at least it started out simple...lol. i'll be posting a post mortem in the wiki for my whole process, all the problems and solutions i encountered and all the rules code for my game. hopefully, it will be a help to you and anyone else who first encounters gamesalad.

noodles...
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    "but quite honestly this "easy and intuitive" software is anything but!"

Try learning true programming & you'll see why it is easy & intuitive!

=)

JGary
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    gamesalad is the easiest existing software to create iphone-games... but like any other software you have to spend some time to use it.

maybee you should start trying to do some simple things.. like a square that is moving... like a square that is rotating ... two squares colliding etc... its not that difficult...

Have you already read the whole Wiki??
    There are a lot of examples!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    True SDMG :) There are so many examples being added to the Wiki all the time, and just using the Wiki alone, and playing around with it, you'll learn your way around this program, but like any other new program, it takes time.

I found the more engaged I was in the forums, reading up on the Wiki, and mostly, just trial and error, you really get to learn what it does.

I agree JGary, I think this program is challenging, but I'd never want to attempt coding, this program is a dream :)
  • sdparduesdpardue Member Posts: 110
    Perhaps he's partially perplexed by programming in an event driven world. For someone who might have coded only in C, or in HTML with a little javascript, it takes a shift in perspective. (I have no idea what efrerichs' experience level is.)

However, once this shift is accomplished, GameSalad makes most hard things easy, and the impossible just take a little longer.

efrerichs, as others have said here, just spend a little time with it, and soon you'll be speaking its language fluently! It's worth it, and it's FUN!

Steve
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Trust me, everyone is right on here... I'm an RN with absolutely zilch experience with coding, barely know HTML from the good ol' days of ebay when you had to write your listings that way.... :)

So take it from me, it's taken a bit of time to learn the ropes, but I've become very comfortable with this program, and I'm working faster and faster each day making some (if I do say so myself) pretty cool games, and can create a bunch of levels in just a day now :)

This program is a dream, once you put in the time to learn it (which is the best way) you will absolutely love it!