How will Apple's Ban on 3rd Party Apps for iPhone Development affect GameSalad?

fr33fl0wfr33fl0w Member Posts: 3
Apple's NDA-license agreement which was released recently had a disturbing clause --

3.3.1 — Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs. Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited).

How will this affect GameSalad? I am a new user (just joined the other day) and was hoping to use GameSalad to develop my own games for sale at the App Store.

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    Oh, why go ahead, create a new thread. The 7 page one we have already simply won't suffice :/
  • fr33fl0wfr33fl0w Member Posts: 3
    Quite new here as I said. I couldn't find that thread. Could you please forward me a link? Appreciate it pls.
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Its the thread with over 200 posts on it...currently 1 row below this one...not hard to find :)
  • fr33fl0wfr33fl0w Member Posts: 3
    Thank you!! Now you guys see why I need GameSalad to even have a chance at making an app....not really tech savvy. Hahaha thanks!