Would you rather play a never ending game like temple run or a game with levels.

sad26sad26 Member Posts: 30
edited March 2013 in Working with GS (Mac)
I was just wondering if more people liked games like temple run or level games like doodle destory.

Comments

• ElfizmElfizm Member Posts: 489
    I like the current 3D endless runners like subway surfer and temple run 2.
    And non 3d games like upcoming Flip Runner :)

But if I feel like just sitting back I enjoy levels, eg cut the rope or get in on some angry birds Starwars levels.

But look at Fruit ninja, it's sort of combined the two in away.
    So I sit on the fence depending on what mood I am in.
  • JarrenHJarrenH Member Posts: 206
    It depends on the game. An endless runner needs to be ridiculously fun, or have loads of unlockables and power ups. Games with levels are only run if they don't get boring or repetitive.

Verdict, make entertaining game and I'll play it.
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    @jarrenh totally agree !
  • Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
    I'm playing Bananakong which is endless, fun and looks great but there are missions/unlockable achievements to strive for. Without that I think an endless game would grow tiresome.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited March 2013
    I'm not going to vote because I think that both is the best way to go. If you can't do both, and want to have endless, then at least have what @Peter_Olafson suggested.
    - Thomas

P.S. Also, it really depends on the playing style.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Both serve a different purpose. One it more subject to story the other to accomplishment
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Im not completely certain but I think temple run has levels. I sure seem to think I have seen my son playing all sorts of different levels. Could be wrong. I never played it much. didn't like it.

As far as game style it really depends on the game. I have played some great endless games and some that definitely needed to be broken into levels.