Changing the Origin (as In 0,0) of An Actor in Gamesalad

Is there any way to change the origin of an actor in gamesalad without changing the image size? As in move it to another area, such as one of the corners or whatever?

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited March 2013
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2013
    @ADSentertainment

You can't easily do it in GameSalad, although you can rotate or move or scale an actor from any point on (or outside of) the actor with a little maths, here's an actor rotating from one of its corners.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?htn2a6uzru4vqr1

• ester.denhamester.denham Member, BASIC Posts: 24

I need to be able to change the origin point of my actors for my game to work properly. Is this going to be an option in the future?🤔

Miss Faith 🙎

---

Hm...Does building games with Gamesalad ever get you craving Kale? Seriously! I can't stop thinking about Kale now! 🤪

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

You can't change the origin point, but you can change the center of mass in the physics which changes, I believe, it's pivot point on rotation and collision.

edited February 2023

I wasn't aware of that, so I just learned a new thing! Thanks. 😃 Then I realized I asked the wrong question. I need the collision to be at the bottom of the actor. Which is more of a collision shape issue. I know there is a way to change the collision shape to a custom shape.

I am currently attempting to create a custom collision object using Physics Body Editor.

Thanks for reading!

Miss Faith 🙎

---

Hm...Does building games with Gamesalad ever get you craving Kale? Seriously! I can't stop thinking about Kale now! 🤪

Ok, so I tried making the collision shape and imported it into my actor's custom collision. When I went to test the game couldn't load and froze up. Is there something important I am missing?

Miss Faith 🙎

---

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

Try importing your project into creator 2 and use the trace shape in there (assuming you just need to trace the shape).