Game Crashes in Viewer and Ad hoc build! Please Help!

My game is almost done and it runs fine in the Simulator.
But for some reason it crashes in both the Viewer on my iPad (1st Gen) and as an Ad Hoc app.

The game gets to the Main Menu and when I click my Play Button, the game starts to load.
Then after about 6 seconds the game just crashes, never leaving the Main Menu, just showing the Game Salad loading symbol the whole time.

Why does it work in the Simulator and not on my iPad?
And what should I do?

It shouldn't be a memory thing by the way because this is what the settings were when it crashes. I didnt think any of these numbers were crazy... are they?

Performance
FPS 53

Memory Usage
Images 25.9 MB
Sounds 799 KB
Game Engine 12.0 MB
Other 21.4 MB
Total 60.2 MB

Answers

• KangavarkKangavark Member Posts: 62
    When something similar happened to me for my 1st game, I used Xcode's Instruments tool and I believe it was the I/O diagnostic reader, (can't remember off the top of my head). Anyway, it showed me when and with which file the Error occurred, causing the crash. I was able to delete the problem file within my game and voila, no more crash!
  • EricTippettEricTippett Member Posts: 45
    Thanks Kangavark I will try to find this diagnostic reader in Xcode and see what happens!
    Wait did you use this on the game salad viewer version or another way? Will it diagnose the Gamesalad Viewer or my game if I do that?

Is there a way to get my adhoc build into Xcode?

Sorry I never used Xcode or anything besides Gamesalad until now.
    I think I found the problem. My memory is over 40MB and I am using a 1st Gen iPad. I think I have to get my Memory usage down to 40MB somehow.
    I dont know how I could do that, what could I do?

I turned off moveable on everything that is not moving. I need it on the enemies and players since they always move. Theres pieces that fly out of the enemies and I needed those to move in random directions so I couldnt turn it off for them.

All of my images and sounds are the lowest size they could be.

I dont know what to do, any suggestions?