Why cant i drag actor to scene

Hi!
I just started using Gamesalad, but i´ve been having some problems. When i make an actor and drag it to the scene, nothing happens. How do i fix it please help me.

Answers

• mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Make sure when dragging your mouse pointer is actually in the workspace, just cause the actor is in the workspace, if the pointer is not it will send the actor back to your inventory.
  • BehappyproBehappypro Member Posts: 6
    My mouse is in the workspace, still nothing happens. I´ve seen other have the same problem. Can i show you though Teamviewer or something so i can get it fixed? I really like gamesalad. Thank you
  • mrpacogpmrpacogp Member Posts: 400
    Close gamesalad and restart it.
    If you are using 0.10.2 try reinstalling 0.10.1, works more fine
    I got 0.10.00
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Well then you might want to update to 10.1 or 10.2
    Im using the windows version
    Well then you might want to update to 10.1 or 10.2
    But im using the windows version?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Now that we know the Creator version, some additional details would be helpful:

What version of Windows are you running?
    If you open a new, blank project file, can you drag an actor to a scene?
    Can you post a video of what's happening?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• glyniusglynius Member Posts: 231
    I have this problem sometimes, i think it is a bug, actually you drop the actors but they are not visible, check your layers and see that you have there the actors, you have to exit and enter gamesalad again. It is not a matter of 10.2 or something.
    Now that we know the Creator version, some additional details would be helpful:

What version of Windows are you running?
    If you open a new, blank project file, can you drag an actor to a scene?
    Can you post a video of what's happening?
    Im using windows vista 32bit. i´ve recorded how do i upload it?
    Upload it to YouTube and post the link here.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Upload it to YouTube and post the link here.
    Hi sorry for not answering. But Ive been really busy witch school. Anyway i uploaded a video to youtube and here it comes:

I wish I could go to witch school. image

Well, I don't have an answer for you but I would suggest submitting a bug report: http://gamesalad.com/support. As was mentioned, I would check the Layers to see if the actors are actually getting added to the scene (but just not showing up), although that won't solve the problem for you.