Sprite Sheets

Hello, I'm new to GameSalad. Just a quick question: Do Sprite Sheets work with GameSalad?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited April 2013
    Nope - sorry!

Go to the images tab and click the little "+" sign at the bottom left. Navigate and select the graphics you'd like to import into the game. You can also drag and drop our images into the images inspector.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    Keep in mind that it is an upcoming feature.
    Perhaps @CodeWizard could tell us if it has already been started on or not? I believe they were waiting for the Mac UI to be finished before moving to things such as this. :-/
    - Thomas
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    It's absolutely on my list of things for us to tackle. More news as it's available!
  • stargames66stargames66 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info guys! I really like this game engine.
  • KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291
    Hello, I'm new to GameSalad. Just a quick question: Do Sprite Sheets work with GameSalad?
    Here is what I do if I have a sprite sheet. I take the sheet and put it in a program such as PhotoShop then cut out the pictures so that your image consist of just one of the images. I do this for all the images on the sprite sheet. Say for instance on my sprite sheet it consisted of 8 frames to make up a run. At the end of the process I would have 8 separate images. (All need to be the same size canvas) I save them as PNG's then upload them into GameSalad. When wanting to animate them I create an animate rule then insert the images. (Make sure the images are in order as GameSalad doesnt
  • DanielDesignerDanielDesigner Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2014

@CodeWizard said:
    It's absolutely on my list of things for us to tackle. More news as it's available!

waiting for good news! Thanks!

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Did sprite sheets become possible?

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

@smurfted said:
    Did sprite sheets become possible?

No, images have to be imported as before. wow. You pulled that from 2013.

• GrimmGhostsGrimmGhosts Member, PRO Posts: 33

Eureka