joystick support...

harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
will there be joystick input support for games made for the browser site, facebook etc...? in other words, games that will not be 'made' for the iphone.

Comments

• amoraleiteamoraleite Member Posts: 9
    Would be nice joystick and are there support for the Iphone?
    Thank you
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Hi Harrio. We are intent on expanding the list of platforms that GameSalad can develop for. As such, you will start seeing features such as joystick support included in the tool as they become necessary. At the moment though, most online casual gaming is done via keyboard and mouse - which GameSalad fully supports.

Amorleite, to answer your question: yes, GameSalad supports the iPhone! We will be releasing an update to the tool and more information regarding the process as soon as we can.

Thank you both!
  • shwinstershwinster Member Posts: 23
    will there be a joystick like there is in Minigore,and Assassin's Creed for iphone, or will it be more for PC gaming
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    You mean like virtual joysticks? Since they all differ in the AppStore (DropShip, MiniGore, Hero of Spara), you'd probably be better off making them on your own, which shouldn't be too tough. For a simple one, you'd just need two actors, one which you move/drag, and one that measures where it is in relation to it's origin and moves the actor accordingly. Do that again if you want 360 shooting.
  • shwinstershwinster Member Posts: 23
    Ok, thanks. now i can finally finish my game with realistic shooting.
  • amoraleiteamoraleite Member Posts: 9
    superNES: It leaves this tool to be bought! I certainly would pay for it! Congratulations! PLease I continue with a problem with the keyboard keys of my keyboards Apple, this is very important. the arrows and the backspace only function.
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Thanks amoraleite! Please continue working with CodeMonkey to figure out the issue. Hopefully we'll have a solution for you soon.