International release of iPad delayed. Soup up your games now!

BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
Granted there are only half a million iPads released to the wild in the US (and some lucky ones in nearby countries), but because of the massive demand of US buyers, it has placed a brief 1-month delay for release to the rest of the world.

While others see brick walls, I see this as an opportunity. (Where have I heard that before?)

This gives you a whole month to either put together game(s) from scratch, upconvert or rewrite your iPhone/iPod touch game(s) for the iPad, or simply soup up and throw in everything including the kitchen sink into your current iPad game(s).

Archangel HD has had a very modest start, but I feel it will get better with international sales. One way of assuring that, while increasing US sales is by adding on the features and extras that people want.

Think outside the box, think big, think hard, think iPad. Only good can come of the things you put into it, but get started early, and use this extra time to your advantage!

Comments

• jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    I would totally agree if the iPad app store showed games by category. It doesn't. Only if you're one of the lucky few to be in a "Hot" or "Staff Pick" category can your iPad game be found easily. You can of course be found by search but I think most people poke through the latest releases.

Wih the iPhone games you at least have your moment on page 1 - the iPad - not so, at least not yet. :)
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    Yeah... I'm contemplating delaying a release until they get this fixed...like it is on the iPhone. Maybe by waiting and launching an app with that categorical listing you could have a larger launch and also more exposure that that lasts longer? Thoughts?