Isometric Game

Hi guys!

i'm doing a isometric game, and my scenario is really good.

But there is a problem, i don't know how create a obstacle that the character can interact with. I mean, the obstacle is a simple box, but the actor cannot walk behind the box, only in front of the box.

i wanted the character to walk in front and back.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2013
    @diluca1@live.com

It's actually not too difficult to set up, a little fiddly, but fairly straightforward to do.

You just need to have two actors, one that is already on a layer behind the obstacle, one that is on a layer in front of the obstacle . . . . when you need the actor to go 'behind' the obstacle make the frontmost actor invisible (turn it's alpha to 0) and make the rearmost actor visible (turn it's alpha to 1) . . .

You can set up 'sensors' around the obstacle that trigger this, when the actor goes behind the obstacle an attribute is triggered that changes the values of the alpha channels accordingly.

Here's an example of this kind of alpha on/off system working in one of my projects:

Quicktime: http://www.mediafire.com/?albff8t937bug7o
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    I wish they would create a behavior or some way to control the draw order of actors so we don't need to do the alpha/layer trick. It's so limiting.
  • diluca1@live.comdiluca1@live.com Member Posts: 3
    thanks dude! it really wil help me a lot :DD
  • diluca1@live.comdiluca1@live.com Member Posts: 3
    do you have any tutorial, or another thing to explain-me better? cuz i think i dont know how i do that :S
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    I wish they would create a behavior or some way to control the draw order of actors so we don't need to do the alpha/layer trick. It's so limiting.
    @RondoRocket

Agreed, it would open up some many possibilities.