Need help with Xcode/publishing issues!

ReverbLabsReverbLabs London ukMember, PRO Posts: 16
I have an app published to the app store (Splat Penguin), and have been working hard on the update for 4 months, now here's my problem...
When i try to sign my new generated app it comes up with this error message:
Code Signing Error 1: /var/folders/1w/85lpfjpn5hj_rztmy58dhx3c0000gp/T/GameSalad0/5/Splat Penguin.app: replacing existing signature
codesign_allocate: object: /private/var/folders/1w/85lpfjpn5hj_rztmy58dhx3c0000gp/T/GameSalad0/5/Splat Penguin.app/SplatPenguin malformed object (unknown load command 44)
/var/folders/1w/85lpfjpn5hj_rztmy58dhx3c0000gp/T/GameSalad0/5/Splat Penguin.app: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

I originally made the app on an iMac using snow leopard and game salad 0.10.0, Now i have changed to a Macbook pro(os x lion 10.7.5), updated gamesalad(0.10.1 beta)and xcode(4.3.3), and spent a lot of time working on the update.
I have revoked and renewed my old distribution/development certs and provisioning profile, all say they are valid, and seem to be in Xcode ok.
Ive even tried updating gamesalad to 0.10.2 with no luck.
And downgrading to 0.10.0 on this macbook, but the graphics had errors and couldnt even get to generate the app. ( i dont have access to the iMac anymore)
The app id is the same in itunes connect and on the gamesalad uploader, the only thing i can see that has changed is the developer number in the keychain certs is different to the distribution number i.e.
iPhone Developer (P3******4L) <- This seems different

iPhone Distribution (3B******42) <- This has always been the same since original upload

Please help!! I would really appreciate if anyone can help show me where i'm going wrong?

I have looked through the forum and seen a few discussions on this topic, but everything ive tried doesnt work.

Answers

• 3itg3itg Member, PRO Posts: 382
    edited April 2013
    I think Xcode 4.5.3 solved a similar issue for me.
    Also make sure you don't have duplicate certificates.
    You can request new certs, and sign with a new certificate as well (I think as long as its the same identity, it doesn't matter, but im not sure.)

Also, try republishing directly from gamesalad, and codesign the download there automatically.
  • ReverbLabsReverbLabs London ukMember, PRO Posts: 16
    Thanks for the reply, ill have a look at xcode 4.5.3, there arent any duplicate certs as far as i can see.
    Ive tried re-publishing with gamesalad a few times and always sign it from there, thats where i get the error message. Im still unsure whether its a version bug, either gamesalad or xcode, or im just missing something out completely.
    Any other suggestions? Cheers
  • ReverbLabsReverbLabs London ukMember, PRO Posts: 16
    Ok...so i finally managed to sign my app by generating and signing with 0.10.0, and have successfully uploaded to to apple for review. Now the waiting begins.
    Thankyou to everyone on this forum that has suggested this method, It seems to work!

This problem should be addressed by the gamesalad team in versions 0.10.1 & 0.10.2, before we all lose our hair!
    What is the point in upgrading to a newer version that doesnt help the user experience? Especially at the confusing part of signing and uploading to apple for review.