GameSalad

How to play video in gamesalad?

nir3112nir3112 Posts: 196Member, PRO
I want to play some video in my iOS app how can I do it?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Dallas, TexasPosts: 8,807Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick
    That's not possible within GameSalad at this time - sorry! You could open a URL to a YouTube video, but there cannot be a video within your game.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,280Member, BASIC
    Or if your video is short enough you could do it as a frame based animation.
  • nir3112nir3112 Posts: 196Member, PRO
    Ok thx! It's ok it can work without the video
  • ralphbugsralphbugs Posts: 39Member

That's not possible within GameSalad at this time - sorry! You could open a URL to a YouTube video, but there cannot be a video within your game.

How to make a url link inside gs?

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Posts: 246Member
    @ralphbugs use the Open URL behavior
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,870Member
    If you select the internal browser in the open URL behavior they won't leave the game.
  • leeharvey288leeharvey288 Posts: 2Member, PRO

I have created an actor that has a touch to play youtube url set up but nothing happens except a black line and a close button appear. If I change the url to a regular webpage (like gamesalad.com) it works fine and will open the page in front of the actor. Vimeo video url's also fail to open anything
    Anyone know how to get YouTube videos playing?
    Thank you

• smurftedsmurfted Posts: 390Member, PRO

Anyone had this working?

• smurftedsmurfted Posts: 390Member, PRO

I just made a test and it worked fine in ios. The "Use embedded Browser" worked well too.

While it won't work smooth enough for a cut scene, you could easily add instructions, a tutorial or adverts for more of your games...