Game Developer Wanted

Looking for a quotes to develop an engaging and fun game for forklift operators. Ideally, a game involving the capture and disabling of an EMP generator inside a warehouse infested with zombies using a fully armored forklift. Warehouse must be emptied to locate EMP generator within a certain amount of time. Zombie interaction and conflict preferred. Please respond with price quote and time frame for delivery.

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited May 2013
    One should have a much more detailed outline than that to contract a game. I could never quote an accurate price just based off that.

My quote based off that.

One million dollars and one year. If you have a more detailed game outline I could probably get those numbers down.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited May 2013
    You need a detailed design doc before most people will quote.

As a guide i charge $45 an hour or $300 a day (8 hours) but I'm fully booked for the next few months.

Darren.
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    edited May 2013
    The problem with requests like this is that you may have an idea in your own head of what you are expecting, but you haven't conveyed that idea very well. For example the fact that your game features a forklift and zombies is irrelevant at this early stage, it may as well be a golf cart and some aliens. First you need to explain a wider view of the mechanics that need to be implemented - whether you require a top-down view game, or a side-scroller for example, and whether the game is level based or maybe it's one level with a try-again to beat the high score mechanic. If level based how are levels selected and unlocked. Does it require a static menu screen or a swipe menu, etc etc.

If you don't know these details yourself then what you are really asking for is somebody to design your game for you as well as develop it. When working to a brief, developers appreciate as much detail as possible to ensure that what they are producing is actually what is required by the client, and nobody will be able to offer you a sensible quote without a lot more detail being given to them.

Although with that said I'd offer to undercut @FryingBaconStudios and do the job for half a million in six months :))
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    You know whats harder on a forklifts then Zombies and EMP's, Tiny little sticks on the floor those things would bring my 15 ton reach truck to a stand still.
  • FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666
    Pm sent:)