Flash CS5....well it works

Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
I've had a bit of a knock about with the Flash CS5 trial and the iphone packager is simple and painless. I've never really done much with flash but I had no problem getting little animations and micro apps to work on my 3GS. Anyway it remains to be seen how this whole saga plays out but it will definitely be a shame if the iphone is out of the Adobe code loop as CS5 is finally getting away from the dross that Adobe sometimes churn out and has some features which are truly spectacular... if only the whole planet could get get on with each other......

Coming to Android then http://theflashblog.com/?p=1917

Comments

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Hmm interesting. Lots of apps coming to the Android market it looks like!

Although looking at the new iPhone hardware and software, apple has made another huge leap that'll be hard for competitors to match.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    This is yet another reason for GameSalad to hurry up with Android support.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Photics said:
    This is yet another reason for GameSalad to hurry up with Android support.

Surely another reason for GS to hurry up with super-duper iphone support?

;)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    I'm looking soooooo forward to getting my copy of CS5... even if I can't do any iPhone apps with it.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    I'd rather see gamesalad integrate the new Game Center, and more iPhone rich features.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    @design219 I've been very impressed with it so far, solid as a rock, great interface, I can't wait to get my hands on Catalyst!
    Are you just looking at Flash, or the whole CS suite? I've heard next to nothing about Illustrator changes. I'm very interested in the ability to convert flash to the html 5 canvas. I saw a video demo of copy and paste between Flash and Dreamweaver that was seamless animation for the canvas element.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    I've just got a trial of Flash CS5
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    I am avoiding the trial simply because I will end buying after the 30 days

I'm not so into flash as much as the Photoshop part

The new changes look amazing.

However after my last job I don't care if I ever open dreamweaver again. Ever! Ever.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Does Flash CS5 allow for publishing to the Android? Sorry I'm so out of it with the Flash support!
  • CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
    The copy/paste demo at MAX was just a technology demo, it didn't end up in the product. If you watch quickly you'll see that an FXG file was made, and then some Javascript plays that file.
    Oh, that's a shame. Well, can you still generate canvas code from flash? I've not been keeping up with development, my head is just too full of other stuff at the moment.
  • TillboTillbo Member Posts: 55
    design219 said:
    I'm looking soooooo forward to getting my copy of CS5... even if I can't do any iPhone apps with it.

Does anyone know what is the cost of a license for CS5 is? Also is Flash CS5 all you will need to publish to the Android?
  • guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    what link did you get the trial.....it only says *Notify Me* at Adobe.com? Are you a beta tester?