Need help fixing bug in template

I purchased a trivia quiz template from GSHelper. The trivia app has 100 questions with an option of 4 answers. My web developer, who is very new to using Gamesalad, helped me change the template and integrate the 100 questions. When we tested it in GS, it works perfectly. However, for some reason, now that it is actually published in iTunes, when you download the app all the 4 answers that are displayed for each question are the wrong ones! Also, some of the questions are now missing text. Not surprisingly, I'm starting to get some very bad reviews :(

My developer was also supposed to integrate Mobclix to have an ad at the top and bottom of each page when you are playing the quiz. These are not showing. There are also supposed to be playhaven banner ads when you start the game. Again these arn't showing.

I'm happy to pay someone to fix this and re-upload a new version to iTunes. Please PM me with your Skype details so we can have a text chat about it.

Thanks

Comments

• dwibredwibre Member Posts: 192
    Attach a link to your app. Did you do an adhoc build on your app first?
  • thesunkeekerthesunkeeker Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2013
    No we didn't do adhoc first as it seemed to work fine on my pc.
  • WingmanappsWingmanapps Member Posts: 458
    Well!!! - im still amazed that people upload apps to the appstore without doing any adhoc testing - it seems very unprofessional.

Secondly! I would bet that is has nothing to do with the template you bought rather some faulty logic you've added after having bought it.

All these things could have been prevented if you would have taken 10 minuts out of your day to pre-release test.

The GS viewer is only good for checking small changes and making sure your general concept is working. When you get to the final stages of completing your app - you should ALWAYS do adhoc testing.
    I'm offering to pay someone to fix it, not criticize me for being "unprofessional" I realise we should have done adhoc testing first. If you're not answering to offer your services to fix the problem then don't bother answering at all.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    @thesunkeeker maybe you'll find some low level flunky around here to fix it but seeing you're so unprofessional I doubt you'll get any serious coders to work for you. Maybe try Gshelpers coding services.
  • dwibredwibre Member Posts: 192
    @thesunkeeker I don't think @Wingmanapps was criticize you. This post will help future devs realise the importance of adhoc testing. Why don't you try building an adhoc now and try and work out what the problem is?
    @thesunkeeker maybe you'll find some low level flunky around here to fix it but seeing you're so unprofessional I doubt you'll get any serious coders to work for you.
    Nice. I make a mistake on my first app and this is the type of response I get. Last time I ask for any help here
  • WingmanappsWingmanapps Member Posts: 458
    edited June 2013
    @thesunkeeker maybe you'll find some low level flunky around here to fix it but seeing you're so unprofessional I doubt you'll get any serious coders to work for you.
    Nice. I make a mistake on my first app and this is the type of response I get. Last time I ask for any help here
    With that attitude, you wont get much help anyway.

Let me paint a picture for you.
    you have released an app which basicly does not work according to plan.
    General logic is wrong so the player cant complete levels and you're losing money from the lack of ads like playhaven/moblix.

Sadly the way the appstore works - you have lost your window of opportunity.
    If you dont make a big splash the first few day its in 99/100 cases a lost cause trying save your project.

My best advice to you is to remove your current app.
    Then resubmit under a new name and then rebrand your app with a new title.

This will give you the needed time to fix what needs to be fixed.

1. I would contact www.gshelper.com who made the template.
    They can very fast solve what ever problem you have.

2. Playhaven needs to be enabled under your profile
    https://arcade.gamesalad.com/profile/services

Next step is to rememeber to checkmark playhaven while publishing your app

3. Mobclix - Follow this guide to setup moblix http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/tutorials/5/parts/59

Most commen mistake is that people forget to set "test mode" to off
    edited June 2013
    As kinda been discussed before and uptimsk has been very good with this. GS forums is not template support for any of the 3rd party services. He also said he had a developer too. There are too many people doing work around here and screwing people. (Not to imply GShelper is doing that, the service is great and they provide support.) This is why I started the tell us about your experience thread. I could post all day the horror stories of other contractors (and I use that term loosely)who have totally screwed people. I get these stories from my clients. This goes on way too much around here and unfortunately it's more the norm than the exception. This is why I myself am very selective about my clients. I provide top notch service and see projects through to the end. There has developed a distrust around here of the services offered on the forum and this hurts us professional and competent contractors. It's disgusting that it's gotten so bad. What makes me suspicious is the reuploading to iTunes connect and why his developer doesn't fix the errors as that person must have published it. As of lately, I just avoid certain posts all together and may decrease my responses and just do videos. When I warn people about doing their homework or use caution before hiring someone or taking on a client, I'm accused of being a downer. When everything posted has to be bubblegum and lollipops this is what you get, people taking advantage of the uninformed.
    GS forums is not template support for any of the 3rd party services.
    The category is called "third-Party services and help wanted"??
    edited June 2013
    No when you buy a template from someone you need to go back to them for support. This thread category is to locate and connect with a service or contractor not support for the third party service. I suggest contacting GSHelper they have coding services and since they created the template they would be the best place to go. Why do you not want to use GSHelper?
This discussion has been closed.