State of GameSalad 6-19-2013

2»

Comments

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    @SnapFireStudios
    We're still not scheduling a stable release yet. We do keep yapping about it a bit but nothing is decided yet. More info when I have it.
  • K1dTrunksK1dTrunks PRO Posts: 55
    @CodeWizard - Any news on custom fonts?
  • CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523
    hello @CodeWizard i have a question regarding the multiplayer, I understand that up to 8 players can participate in the same game. However this means that only 8 may play the game together, or there may be many simultaneous games of up to 8 players each? I hope you understand the question, thanks and move on, it's great to see progress every week :)
    Each game is limited to 8 players. And you can have multiple games active.
  • 8kthuds8kthuds Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, we're not making much progress on that front yet @8kthuds. More news when we do though.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Best to hold off on a Pro membership then. Is there any kind of loose timeline in place for GS Windows Creator receiving attention?
  • BrakeBrake Member Posts: 1
    When will be windows GS creator fixed?
  • opie2k1opie2k1 Member, PRO Posts: 36
    Are any of the nightly build fixes/features currently being incorporated on the server side? There's a current bug in .10.3 that is fixed in a nightly build so I'd love to upload my binary and see it work. I don't care if it's fixed in GS creator as long as it works when submitted to Apple. Thanks!
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    When will be windows GS creator fixed?
    @Brake - Look at the posts right above yours..
    - Thomas
  • RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    Hi @CodeWizard ,

any news about having push notifications? is very important to notify players when it's their turn, thanks
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

:D

Welcome Brian, and looking forward to the new feature thingies!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• yasoofxyasoofx Member Posts: 332
    Custom Loading Wheels!!! Yesterday i was try to change it and today i hear this !!! WOW
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Member Posts: 712
    @Sheepy that was the first thing that popped in to my mind too :)
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    It want be long before there will be no excuses left to blame on Gamesalad as too why my apps failed,lol.
  • dayofjackaldayofjackal Member Posts: 111
    I'd be keen to see push notification too. @CodeWizard any idea when they will be implemented? Surely can't be that hard to add? :)
  • dingosmoovdingosmoov Member Posts: 130
    Since now we will have a way to seemingly import and export data to a server with asynchronous I would like to request a a couple of item types that can be imported and exported:

Can we have a way to capture location data from the client?

Can we have a way to load png files from the server?
    In the least this will allow for images of who you are playing against to be shown in a thumbnail. Best case as a png with transparency could allow for some unique customization of characters or textures in the game. Even animated if we import a sequence.

Can we have a way for users to login via Facebook?
    Of course there are lots of Facebook haters. But this is a business request. There are millions of people that use their Facebook ID's for gameplay, and discovery of friends gameplay.

Or can you allow us to read and write to our own server? That way we can roll our own integration with Facebook, LinkedIn, or whoever. It would allow us to integrate to whomever we want for other services like push notifications, incentive platforms, etc.

Just to be clear I will be happy to have asynchronous in any form as it will allow people to play against each other, but the above things would be added bonuses.

Is there a roadmap for asynchronous gameplay? (phase 1= feature abc, phase 2= feature def, etc.)
    Hello?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I'd be keen to see push notification too. @CodeWizard any idea when they will be implemented? Surely can't be that hard to add? :)
    Im sure its Just a flip of a Switch right? ;)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    What's with the hello? They will answer if they get a chance. Man that is so rude.
    @dingosmoov
    :)

No clear answers for you. When we've implemented native plugins for the engine / creator then the sky's the limit on those kinds of features. Until then, you'll have to wait until we get closer to implementing them ourselves.

Right now the focus is on Async MP support. Other features that you talk about will come in time.
    What's with the hello? They will answer if they get a chance. Man that is so rude.
    I apologize if that was considered rude. thanks.